Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Does your order page still list them as unfulfilled or did you get shipping/tracking notices?

Still no movement on Mobb Deep for me.

They're showing as fulfilled and I received tracking notices for both.

My monthly Classics/Essentials are still showing unfulfilled and didn't receive a shipping email despite already getting them.

Their updated on the 27th of Dec CS page says everything would be cleared by the end of that week.
Clearly not. Having had no response to my CS query about orders dating back to beginning of Nov I have had no option but to inform them that I am escalating this further with whatever trading standards body will cover this.
I have hundreds of £££ of outstanding orders, zero response from the company and zero visibility of when they will ship.
I have nothing to give me any confidence that I will get these orders. Claiming only 5% orders outstanding? I just don’t believe it from what I am reading of peoples experiences here and elsewhere.
they aren’t the biggest company in the world so even if it was only 5% then that could be cleared easily.The fact they can’t clear this tells me something is seriously amiss at VMP. So basically I’ve told them to give me some kind of response or else I will have no option but to take it further . These weren’t preorders. They were all on stock ordered at beginning of November. I don’t care who it is, you can’t take hundreds of pounds of hard earned money and deliver nothing and not respond. That’s theft.

@Murfocakes and @Joe Mac you might be able to help me with this one. So the 2 ROTM got through customs fine and I now have tracking for the others. 1 parcel has 2 black friday sale records in there with the total cost to me being 28USD (its Cecil Taylor and the Art Ensemble of Chicago) but after checking that Parcel App website it says the declared value is 72USD.....2.5 times the price I paid. Did the fees you got hit with relate to the number shown on the tracking or was it based on the price you paid? Im baffled where they got the 72USD from unless that was the original price of the 2 combined.

If I end up getting a 'custom fee to pay' slip which is calculated from the 72USD im not going to pay it and shoot CS a photocopy of them and ask what the hells going on.

I think they are declaring ROTMs as the price they sell them for on the store without a subscription which means you might slip one album through (though probably not) but definitely not a bundle. I got the customs fee to pay slip included with mine and although I use a click and collect thought it best to sort it as I like that service. Also that delivery is my kiss off to VMP. I can’t see anything they release being worth signing up for 3 months and get a further £16 customs fee. If it was really manna from heaven must have I am certain that someone on here that wouldn’t be affected by customs would pick it up and send it on to me or other members. I have more faith in all you guys than VMP at the moment.
It is worth sending a message to customer service but I’d maybe address it to Pauly, he is empathetic and will try to make things right in some way. I also had good dealings with Jason at the end though. I do feel sorry for all those guys at CS, not one decision made in disastrous December helped them.

Received my December ROTM today, even though it still said unfulfilled on the site, so they are all caught up for me. Still wondering what happened to "When the Pawn..." At this point getting a copy of that is my sole reason for being a member.

I get a feeling that When The Pawn will not be limited to members much like The Idler Wheel, they would sell more copies that way. I have a little bit of credit left which could take some sting off postage if they did and most importantly save me from ever having to rejoin. Or I might just leave it. Not having to check constantly at shipping, not to be tempted at new FOMOs, it has been liberating. My other super wants - Bowie’s Buddha Of Suburbia, Prince’s Rainbow Children, a nicely remastered Trans by Neil Young, even if VMP does them they will have a larger wide release.

Received my December ROTM today, even though it still said unfulfilled on the site, so they are all caught up for me. Still wondering what happened to "When the Pawn..." At this point getting a copy of that is my sole reason for being a member.
You and I both!
I’ll follow that dangling carrot until it materializes.

I just received three shipping notices, with two separate numbers with only Aretha on both and one sending the most recent order a couple of days ago. :rolleyes:

No mention of the other 12 or so items still unfulfilled, even though my guess is some, if not all, of them are probably in the Aretha packages. The plot thickens.

Mavis or Isleys. Isleys is probably the one most likely to sold out before the other (Classics numbers vs Essentiel numbers).
I'd appreciate advice on a few Swap options. I'm struggling to make a decision since I've never been able to get into Dirty Projectors. The records I'm eying - and I don't feel particularly strongly about any particular one atm - are: Clipse, Open Mike Eagle, Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, Mavis Staples, Isley Brothers.

I listen to my fair share of rap, and I listen to less soul / R&B, but if one of those last three albums is a "must-have" I'd go for it over one of the first three.
My vote is for The Isleys.

So there is still a grandfathered pricing? I just resubscribed for $81 (plus tax apparently) for 3 months but I know that I was paying $75 at some point.
Yes. I'm on a 1 year in Classics. It shows my next billing date for annual, and the price will be the same. I assume canceling and resubing would kill that.

I know a lot of people have warping issues from VMP. What percentage of records are received damaged from them? I’ve ordered a number of records this month from VMP, Magnolia, Third Man, Amazon, and my local record store. My 6 records from Magnolia were all warped, my Coldplay and Patsy Cline were warped from TMR, my Aretha is warped from VMP, and 4 records were warped from Amazon. Am I just this unlucky, or is this a major problem everyone has?
I get flat records from VMP. Literally no issues ever. But I have had some warped amazon more than once.

Last edited:
I'd appreciate advice on a few Swap options. I'm struggling to make a decision since I've never been able to get into Dirty Projectors. The records I'm eying - and I don't feel particularly strongly about any particular one atm - are: Clipse, Open Mike Eagle, Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, Mavis Staples, Isley Brothers.

I listen to my fair share of rap, and I listen to less soul / R&B, but if one of those last three albums is a "must-have" I'd go for it over one of the first three.
I didn't get Isley Bros, but I love that Staples Album. That said, I love Soul / R&B from that era. I would think leaning to Rap since you're a Rap guy would be the way to go.

Finally heard from Tyler, and (predictably) Blossom Dearie, The Comet is Coming and Sonny Rollins were all oversold. He also indicated that all three were canceled and refunded, but PayPal shows that only one was processed. So it goes.

Great. Sonny Rollins is one of my missing five. Would be nice if a human being actually responded to any of my emails.

My Idler Wheel has some fun zig zag scratches all over side B that pop/tick. Does this mean I can finally join this thread?

For those who love reading about others’ experiences with VMP CS:

I emailed about scratches Fiona and I’ve been getting a variation of a “Sorry we’re swamped and will rely to your email soon!” email every few days for the last week and a half, including this morning. This afternoon, a replacement showed up in the mail.

This has been an update for those who love reading about others’ experiences with VMP CS.

Back