Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Interesting. I wonder why Snoop isn’t available as a swap though? Can see why people are a bit pissed off. I’ve been relatively happy as a member for a couple of years but it seems to completely fallen to pieces over December.

Maybe they’ve had surplus stock for a while and it’s not been featuring high in swap numbers. Maybe they just like to piss people off.

A year ago I’d have been angry, right now it’s an irritant but it’s way down the list of their problems.

Hey Guys 🙋‍♂️😇🐒

To give some more hope to those waiting for their packages, I got another delivery today!!! I got three exclusives which came in three different separate packages/boxes! I am very happy that I received my John Coltrane and Rolling Stones! 🙌🌈🌟

277F6957-852D-493A-B523-C278CC0037DD.jpeg

I’ll update you on when I receive my December box and what is inside it! 📦

So far, there has been no errors with my orders! I’m one of the lucky ones! 🍀😅

I know a lot of people have warping issues from VMP. What percentage of records are received damaged from them? I’ve ordered a number of records this month from VMP, Magnolia, Third Man, Amazon, and my local record store. My 6 records from Magnolia were all warped, my Coldplay and Patsy Cline were warped from TMR, my Aretha is warped from VMP, and 4 records were warped from Amazon. Am I just this unlucky, or is this a major problem everyone has?

I know a lot of people have warping issues from VMP. What percentage of records are received damaged from them? I’ve ordered a number of records this month from VMP, Magnolia, Third Man, Amazon, and my local record store. My 6 records from Magnolia were all warped, my Coldplay and Patsy Cline were warped from TMR, my Aretha is warped from VMP, and 4 records were warped from Amazon. Am I just this unlucky, or is this a major problem everyone has?
I have been getting warps from everywhere too! New releases from Bandcamp/artists store, Vinyl Me, Please, from Secretly Store, HHV exclusives, Friday Music, Turntable lab exclusives etc. The worst was Urban Outfitters and Bluenote 75. Bluenote 75 was by far the worst though. The best experience I’ve had with warps, and just any other defects, has been MoFi, Analogue Production pressings, Light In The Attic and the Bluenote Tone Poet series. I’ve never had a defect with any of those places/series! 💎👌

Music On Vinyl pressings and VMP Classics pressings have also been generally excellent! 👍

But yes, overall, warping is a big and common issue in the vinyl production industry right now! 😔

Last edited:
I very rarely get warped records and am not sure if I’m a lucky one or not. I’ve maybe had one or two VMP records warped in 4 years of subscribing on and off. Wonder if it’s an issue with your post office somehow instead of the sellers?

I assume it could be the post office mishandling things, but I just don’t think it would be almost everything arriving damaged if so. The packages are always in great shape when I get them, and I’ve rarely ever had any damage with packaging. I live in TN, so I’m only a state away from VMP. Our summers don’t get too hot, but even if it did, the packages aren’t out for long periods of time.

I assume it could be the post office mishandling things, but I just don’t think it would be almost everything arriving damaged if so. The packages are always in great shape when I get them, and I’ve rarely ever had any damage with packaging. I live in TN, so I’m only a state away from VMP. Our summers don’t get too hot, but even if it did, the packages aren’t out for long periods of time.

I'm in California and have never had any damage with any of my records

Thanks @NathanRicaud I’ve got to open and inspect. I hope the shrink wrap will help
I’m in spirit with you and can feel the suspense! My heart is beating fast and I feel like we are both looking at each other, just hoping and praying that none of the records have been affected by the rain! ☔🙏💧

I'm in California and have never had any damage with any of my records
I’m in Australia and have only had one delivery that was damaged! And the package was severely damaged! I got a non-VMP Kero Kero Bonito album, and when I opened it, the record was literally broken into two pieces! 🍒🤦‍♂️

I luckily got it replaced straight away and my replacement was in perfect condition! So I’ve been very fortunate with my VMP packages, especially considering that I live in Australia 🐨🐊

I’ll counter that optimism with this, the worst of my many shitty book warps...

That is baaaad! 🙅‍♂️

The worst of my warps have come from Bluenote 75! But I don’t have any footage of them, because they were literally all thrown in the bin! Good lesson learnt for me though to really do my research and to look up other forums - Steve Hoffman - before purchasing from a label/series!

My Urban Outfitters Lizzo “Cuz I Love You” exclusive was also extremely warped, like, it was doing full-on slow motion body rolls!

That is baaaad! 🙅‍♂️

The worst of my warps have come from Bluenote 75! But I don’t have any footage of them, because they were literally all thrown in the bin! Good lesson learnt for me though to really do my research and to look up other forums - Steve Hoffman - before purchasing from a label/series!

My Urban Outfitters Lizzo “Cuz I Love You” exclusive was also extremely warped, like, it was doing full-on slow motion body rolls!

Outside of VMP I’ve had 5 notable warps. Three in one package of Bob Dylan, all of which I pressed out using a heavy box set, and two in store, one dish that had to go back and one that the clamp eliminated overnight. This is why I’m so touchy about the amount of warps I get from VMP, because I know other places can do it right!

Outside of VMP I’ve had 5 notable warps. Three in one package of Bob Dylan, all of which I pressed out using a heavy box set, and two in store, one dish that had to go back and one that the clamp eliminated overnight. This is why I’m so touchy about the amount of warps I get from VMP, because I know other places can do it right!
Mmmmmm I hear you on that one! And I think it’s good to be touchy about the amount of warps you get from VMP, as they must no it’s unacceptable for the pressing plants to be making a lot of vinyl that ends up being defected and then packaged! VMP also need to be aware that if they receive too much warps, then they might have to change providers, unless they are willing to give out a lot of refunds/replacements!

Mmmmmm I hear you on that one! And I think it’s good to be touchy about the amount of warps you get from VMP, as they must no it’s unacceptable for the pressing plants to be making a lot of vinyl that ends up being defected and then packaged! VMP also need to be aware that if they receive too much warps, then they might have to change providers, unless they are willing to give out a lot of refunds/replacements!

Oh Nathan, you are so wonderfully, or maybe wilfully, naive! They won’t change plants because GZ pump out volume for a good price. That’s all they care about. They were giving out loads of replacements so they just made their replacement policy stricter.

Back