Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

100%. We stormed the state capital building last time they tried to enact one, and I’ll be there if they try it again.
The secret out here in the Pacific Northwest is to move to Vancouver, WA. You live and work there, pay no State Income Tax in WA State then do all your shopping in Portland, OR where they don’t charge Sale Tax.

Going with Dirty Projectors, Overgrown, and Soul of a Bell
Scratch that. CS swapped this to Dirty Projectors, Ray Charles, and Caribou-Swim.

I’m really excited to have learned about Cornelius and Caribou from VMP. They both fit my mood perfectly these days. Swim in particular has some very compelling, deep layers that I hope the press accentuates.

Yeah, this has been a BFD here in Tennessee bc we don’t have state income tax
Taxes aren't necessarily a bad thing though; they pay for stuff.

Here in Oregon we have among the highest state income taxes in the nation, but no sales tax. I'd rather have a sales tax. An income tax just punishes you for saving rather than spending.
Look...some people will say “but your sales tax is almost 10%”. But if you look at states with high income tax (CA, IL, NY), look at their sales tax. It’s also high
If those states spend all those tax dollars wisely, it isn't a bad thing.
The secret out here in the Pacific Northwest is to move to Vancouver, WA. You live and work there, pay no State Income Tax in WA State then do all your shopping in Portland, OR where they don’t charge Sale Tax.
Nice trick if you can pull it off, but the jobs aren't up there, they're in Portland, and no matter where you live, if you work in Portland you'll pay Oregon income tax. If you want to see a mullet in the wild, though... Vantucky is the place.

As a former resident, I can attest and from what I understand things have gotten exponentially worse over the 7 years since I left. I am as liberal as they come but Madigan needs to go.
Once my youngest daughter graduates High School (2 more years), We Gone! .......at least that's the goal.

Back