Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Gonna have to agree with Tender here. Memberships are clearly updating across the board, lets just take a deep breath here and enjoy some music. These types of things are going to happen when you migrate a website and all of its data to a different platform. They’re obviously working on it, my membership info was blank for days and as of yesterday it’s not. Even in the case of it not updating in time for Wednesday they’re aware of how many subscribers they have for each track and can (usually) plan accordingly for that. No need to make a mountain out of an anthill here.

Man... $24 USD for the Late Bollinger EP. That's a lot for 6 tracks.

Of course there's $14 for shipping to Canada too.

Hope this gets an additional release because that's just stupid.
So you don’t want any other vinyl from then Vinyl Me, Please store? You can sign up, maybe for even one month, and grab a past ROTM. Then, for only $46 including shipping (2 x $23) you can grab another two past ROTM’s!

I’m sure even Kate Bollinger’s EP will be in the swaps section, meaning you can add it for $23 + free shipping!

I just have to put this out here...

I don't know a lot about computer system migrations or what all is involved with this whole store move, but seriously WTF are they using for this migration? I feel like actual migrations in nature are happening faster. Are they using an old DSL modem sending the account info line by line? Maybe manually entering it via interns? Possibly an old 256MB USB thumb drive?

It's moving account profiles across a network. It seems crazy that this took more than 24 hours. But maybe it's all much more complicated than I realize. Someone educate me.

It all went something like this.....

Initially they had a company meeting with the CEO, other top execs, and the IT people. Exec 1 spoke first saying that a decision had been made to “migrate to a new system in 3 days.”

The IT staff started to object, “What? When did this come up? Your pulling the plug on the old system we have used for years in 3 days without giving anyone in IT any warning? Just as one of our biggest releases ever is set to drop?”

CEO looks over at IT. Sounding kind of frustrated he says simply, “What would you do with more time anyway?”

So you don’t want any other vinyl from then Vinyl Me, Please store? You can sign up, maybe for even one month, and grab a past ROTM. Then, for only $46 including shipping (2 x $23) you can grab another two past ROTM’s!

I’m sure even Kate Bollinger’s EP will be in the swaps section, meaning you can add it for $23 + free shipping!

I know you mean wel, but tgere is no option tosign up to vmp for a month anymore, so you have to sign ip for at least three months for 108$ internationally.

I know you mean wel, but tgere is no option tosign up to vmp for a month anymore, so you have to sign ip for at least three months for 108$ internationally.
Ah damn! And that’s not cheap either, especially if you’re mainly in it for only one particular record! 😳👎

I’ve paid US$15 for shipping one record as well. I paid US$15+ just for shipping recently for Poppy, Ariana Grande and Michael Kiwanuka. I was like “ugh” but I just really wanted it and I’m doing well with money (like I don’t have any responsibilities) 😅🙈

But yeah, US$39 for an EP is....just too much. Only EP I’d pay that much would be the VMP Moses Sumney 🙋‍♂️😁

It all went something like this.....

Initially they had a company meeting with the CEO, other top execs, and the IT people. Exec 1 spoke first saying that a decision had been made to “migrate to a new system in 3 days.”

The IT staff started to object, “What? When did this come up? Your pulling the plug on the old system we have used for years in 3 days without giving anyone in IT any warning? Just as one of our biggest releases ever is set to drop?”

CEO looks over at IT. Sounding kind of frustrated he says simply, “What would you do with more time anyway?”
Just a quick comment, the smart way to have done it would have been to build the new platform, copy the current database to it, get the new platform COMPLETELY functional, then shut down new orders for 24 hours, take another copy of the data base, load it to the new platform while shut down for 24 hours and then redirect the URL to the new platform at the end of the 24 hour shut down................but what do I know?

EDIT: Before someone gets their undies in a bunch, this is the fundamental outline of doing this, yes, there's a bit more involved, but it's been done and I've done it multiple times with larger companies. So I'm sticking to my comment :)

Last edited:
Just a quick comment, the smart way to have done it would have been to build the new platform, copy the current database to it, get the new platform COMPLETELY functional, then shut down new orders for 24 hours, take another copy of the data base, load it to the new platform while shut down for 24 hours and then redirect the URL to the new platform at the end of the 24 hour shut down................but what do I know?

EDIT: Before someone gets their undies in a bunch, this is the fundamental outline of doing this, yes, there's a bit more involved, but it's been done and I've done it multiple times with larger companies. So I'm stick to my comment :)

Yes. Your response is exactly correct. I was being sarcastic after a long pleasurable night in the music room. And maybe one to many adult beverages. It’s easy for me to sit back and criticize from a distance.

You on the other hand lay out the basic fundamentals on migrating a mission critical IT system to a new platform.

Yes. Your response is exactly correct. I was being sarcastic after a long pleasurable night in the music room. And maybe one to many adult beverages. It’s easy for me to sit back and criticize from a distance.

You on the other hand lay out the basic fundamentals on migrating a mission critical IT system to a new platform.
LOL, I think I missed your comment, but let's have a drink to not lingering on what VMP shoulda, coulda, done ;)

Edit: I think your comment was spot on by the way ;)

Are anyone else’s PayPal details and most recent package still not showing? First is worrying (I don’t trust them with my cc details), the second is inconsequential in so much as I have the records but still not great!

Are anyone else’s PayPal details and most recent package still not showing? First is worrying (I don’t trust them with my cc details), the second is inconsequential in so much as I have the records but still not great!
I will pop back up as an option when you check out.

I asked the same thing - someone said it’ll pop up when you go to pay. The buyer protection is a nice feature and I similarly don’t prefer to enter CC info if necessary.

I had a chat with Pauly about this as I had the same plus received an email from Paypal saying that my agreement with VMP has been cancelled. Apparently its a common issue (he blamed paypal) but said in most cases it appears at the checkout, but advised that I put my card details in to ensure a quicker payment. I suppose this is only an issue is a really limited release gets announced and a few minutes to put in your details might make a difference?

I had a chat with Pauly about this as I had the same plus received an email from Paypal saying that my agreement with VMP has been cancelled. Apparently its a common issue (he blamed paypal) but said in most cases it appears at the checkout, but advised that I put my card details in to ensure a quicker payment. I suppose this is only an issue is a really limited release gets announced and a few minutes to put in your details might make a difference?

It’s more that I really do try to, wherever possible, not put in my credit card details online and rather I try to use Apple Pay or PayPal. Been burnt with fraudulent transactions a couple of times, the bank insurance sorts it out but it’s a pain in the arse! They really have made a complete balls of this migration.

It’s more that I really do try to, wherever possible, not put in my credit card details online and rather I try to use Apple Pay or PayPal. Been burnt with fraudulent transactions a couple of times, the bank insurance sorts it out but it’s a pain in the arse! They really have made a complete balls of this migration.
Completely agree with you there, just last week I had someone get into my ebay account and but a load of digital playstation codes. I wasn't aware of this but apparently the default for connecting paypal to ebay was to auto-sign in. Luckily it all got sorted and I was refunded.

In terms of VMP im going to wait for the next payment and see if it comes out of paypal, if not then I will get in contact with them again.

Back