Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Man, this is an even bigger shitshow than I expected. I can't believe they are trying to relay "official communications" via a 3rd party site without sending out any warning to existing customers. First when I tried to log in I got caught in an endless loop of entering my email, clicking on "update password" and then entering my email again.

It's nice to get some updates from various people here, but I can't believe that 1 - they went live before the migration was complete. 2 - they did a migration that wasn't instant without customer warning. 3 - are sending notifications cancelling accounts without notice. 4 - are asking members with active accounts to "join the club" on their logged in member pages.

Honestly, if my auto-renew suddenly has a price increase without an alternative, I will reach a new level of frustrated. Being grandfathered in was the last shred of gratitude they showed to long term customers. I will gladly dip out to break their end of year projections if I need to.

Not only is this no longer a club, it's an outright frustration customer service experience... at any price.

Edit, here's what I sent to CS...
1574205521243.png

I expect to have a few exchanges with them this week.

I have always been on a one month. Havent cancelled in over a year (I know I'm paying more but prefer it this way) if I havent cancelled have they just gone and cancelled me?

I don’t think so. Their site isn’t reliable right now because they’re in the middle of a switchover. From the drips of information you’ll be fine on the month by month while you are on a continuous subscription. Once you cancel this time though you’ll only be able to come back with a min 3 month sub.

Man, this is an even bigger shitshow than I expected. I can't believe they are trying to relay "official communications" via a 3rd party site without sending out any warning to existing customers. First when I tried to log in I got caught in an endless loop of entering my email, clicking on "update password" and then entering my email again.

It's nice to get some updates from various people here, but I can't believe that 1 - they went live before the migration was complete. 2 - they did a migration that wasn't instant without customer warning. 3 - are sending notifications cancelling accounts without notice. 4 - are asking members with active accounts to "join the club" on their logged in member pages.

Honestly, if my auto-renew suddenly has a price increase without an alternative, I will reach a new level of frustrated. Being grandfathered in was the last shred of gratitude they showed to long term customers. I will gladly dip out to break their end of year projections if I need to.

Not only is this no longer a club, it's an outright frustration customer service experience... at any price.

View attachment 23028

I think this is just their website being fluky. A lot of people on Reddit are saying the same thing, but they keep saying to be patient while they migrate over.

I think this is just their website being fluky. A lot of people on Reddit are saying the same thing, but they keep saying to be patient while they migrate over.
Yes, but at this point they really NEED to send out an email to existing customers. They are compounding the problem by continuing to fail to communicate.

I know it's a fluke because others have confirmed it here, but that's not an official communication. They don't own this site. They don't own reddit. VMP could save themselves a LOT of customer service time by confirming this directly with their customers.

I don’t think so. Their site isn’t reliable right now because they’re in the middle of a switchover. From the drips of information you’ll be fine on the month by month while you are on a continuous subscription. Once you cancel this time though you’ll only be able to come back with a min 3 month sub.
Thanks Joe that's what I was assuming would be the case. December be a bad time for me for them looking to get me on a 3 month sub. God damn R&HH they have me on a hook lol

View attachment 23028

Yeah, the fact that they didn't send communication to the members that they were upgrading the site if it was going to be this disruptive, that they did it on a weekday, and that they didn't just take the site down while they were migrating data is beyond me. Marketing / Product Leadership 101.

Yeah, the fact that they didn't send communication to the members that they were upgrading the site if it was going to be this disruptive, that they did it on a weekday, and that they didn't just take the site down while they were migrating data is beyond me. Marketing / Product Leadership 101.
That company could use so many 101 courses, lol.

Yes, but at this point they really NEED to send out an email to existing customers. They are compounding the problem by continuing to fail to communicate.

I know it's a fluke because others have confirmed it here, but that's not an official communication. They don't own this site. They don't own reddit. VMP could save themselves a LOT of customer service time by confirming this directly with their customers.
I wholeheartedly agree. I was just making sure that you saw

I'm sure it's just migration issues but I recently subscribed to VMP again (a little over a week ago... and my order hasn't shipped yet, which is another problem altogether) but the problems I'm having with the new store are...

1) Membership and Orders tabs just display "..." loading screen forever when clicked on
2) My address on file reverted all the way back to my original subscription address in SoCal
3) No payment method currently listed and for some reason I'm having trouble adding one

Hopefully this will all be fixed before Fiona on Friday

The lack of communication isn't a fluke, it's a feature

Loving how often the word 'migration' is being used. Its not the resettlement of Europe after Soviet domination. All they're doing is uploading pictures and a database to a pre-designed website template, but to be fair, they make selling records look difficult.

Loving how often the word 'migration' is being used. Its not the resettlement of Europe after Soviet domination. All they're doing is uploading pictures and a database to a pre-designed website template, but to be fair, they make selling records look difficult.
I have no idea how this migration is done but, why does it take so long? Are they doing it manually? What the hell?

I have no idea how this migration is done but, why does it take so long? Are they doing it manually? What the hell?

It actually doesn't take that long, but there can be hiccups if you're not organised.

I just read this...

The root cause of all less-than-perfect migrations can be traced to at least one of the following scenarios:
  • The migration project occurs without consultation.
  • Consultation is sought too late in the process, and/or after the migration.
  • There is insufficient planned resource/time/budget to add requirements (or processes)/make recommended changes to the brief.
  • The scope is changed mid-project, without consultation, or in a way which de-prioritizes requirements.
  • Requirements and/or recommended changes are axed at the eleventh hour (due to resource/time/budget limitations, or educational/political conflicts).
These points have VMP all over them!

Last edited:

View attachment 23028

What would they do with more time? I hope someone asks Matt.

I'm in the same situation. I'm logged in, but it's telling me to Join the Club. It does show my orders though. I also don't have a payment method, because (according to Paul on Reddit), they have Paypal turned off. No eta when it'll get turned back on.

It's also kinda shitty they ran an impromptu Throwback Tuesday when they were in the middle of a migration to a new system and a sizeable number of members can't buy stuff yet.

What they should have done was gone offline for 24, 48 hours to get it done quickly and right versus putting it in the middle of their biggest drop season (Fiona), a busy release schedule, QOTSA month, putting old stock back online, and right before the Holiday shopping season. Oh, and they're holding up shipments for this as well it seems (mine arrived fairly quickly, kudos on that). This should have been done in January or the summer.

But nope, let's do the migration in November, which has to be #1 or #2 of the months for online sales.

Cool.

I have always been on a one month. Havent cancelled in over a year (I know I'm paying more but prefer it this way) if I havent cancelled have they just gone and cancelled me?

Paulie confirmed on reddit that us one monther's are in a "drop it and you lose it" state now. Cancel and you can't come back to one month,

This really needs to be the next wave of shitshow, I'm likely getting my Fiona and getting the FUCK out of VMP for good.

at least now i was given a warning saying "hey dont worry this will be fixed in a bit"

(hopefully before moses sumney drops or else i'll just be pissed)

Paulie confirmed on reddit that us one monther's are in a "drop it and you lose it" state now. Cancel and you can't come back to one month,

This really needs to be the next wave of shitshow, I'm likely getting my Fiona and getting the FUCK out of VMP for good.

For what it's worth, I resubscribed to VMP last week and it let me do one month ... I was only ever on a 3 month plan before

I'm sure it's just migration issues but I recently subscribed to VMP again (a little over a week ago... and my order hasn't shipped yet, which is another problem altogether) but the problems I'm having with the new store are...

1) Membership and Orders tabs just display "..." loading screen forever when clicked on
2) My address on file reverted all the way back to my original subscription address in SoCal
3) No payment method currently listed and for some reason I'm having trouble adding one

Hopefully this will all be fixed before Fiona on Friday

Similar situation. Re upped last week. Hasn’t shipped.

Now with new site it says order is fulfilled and is missing a record and shows $8 more than what my card was charged

🤷🏻‍♂️

Back