Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Those reasons are fine. I don't really agree that anything other than actual manufacturing costs are good reasons for raising prices, but I admit that the things you mentioned are factors that some are willing to pay more for (above the minimal amount they actually add to manufacturing).

The only issue I really had with your initial statement is that it is justified by used prices in any way. I think that method of pricing newly manufactured products is gouging.
Gouging and branding are a very very thin line. You could argue that although VMP's manufacturing costs are not much higher, but their marketing costs may be significantly higher. Could be another reason for these price jumps. (Remember all my previous statements about VMP's move towards "customer last" philosophies?)

I'm not saying I agree with any of these ideas. All I'm saying is the Black Pumas VMP exclusive seems reasonably priced, all things considered (which does include the resale prices). Others might disagree, and that's fine. Just sharing my view point.

Store Drop: 10/9 (Black Pumas and 1 more Xmas Drop)
renderTimingPixel.png

UPDATE: Black Pumas got pushed back 1 week for store drop. Will drop on 10/16 instead. Only new drop this week is Molly Burch.

pls tell me it's at a new price next week lol

Hmmm you know what? I can’t say for sure as I don’t actually have the record. I have a bunch of other Colemine releases and they are all pressed at Gotta Groove, so I’d be surprised if they used GZ for the Pumas. That being said I remember hearing about a wide spread issue with the original pressing, which the Colemine people address in the rabbit hole thread, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was GZ after all.

ya according to discogs, all are GZ except the red translucent euro release came from optimal. Think I'll hunt that one.

Gouging and branding are a very very thin line. You could argue that although VMP's manufacturing costs are not much higher, but their marketing costs may be significantly higher. Could be another reason for these price jumps. (Remember all my previous statements about VMP's move towards "customer last" philosophies?)

I'm not saying I agree with any of these ideas. All I'm saying is the Black Pumas VMP exclusive seems reasonably priced, all things considered (which does include the resale prices). Others might disagree, and that's fine. Just sharing my view point.
It will sell out at $30 and VMP will move on.

I don't agree with factoring in shipping. It is essentially free to them as they include shipping in the price of subscriptions. If they shipped it out separately, sure include shipping. I don't even know the price, as it has been pulled, I was just responding to the defense that it should be priced higher because of used copy prices. How much was it?
I meant when you factor in shipping from other sites. And sure, some offer free shipping as well so it may not be applicable.

The VMP Black Pumas was $30.

The black/red marbled Black Pumas, which looks way better than VMP's red/white split, is still available for $22 on band camp. With shipping it came to $26.50 for me.

Not possible, the VMP product page said the vinyl is sold out everywhere. You must be getting an 8-Track or a laserdisc or something.

Not possible, the VMP product page said the vinyl is sold out everywhere. You must be getting an 8-Track or a laserdisc or something.

I ordered it a month ago from bandcamp and already have my copy...and it's still available. Doesn't bode well for VMP's $30 version since most people who wanted this already have at least one version of it and there are already so many.

I also saw them live about a month ago, and they did the cover of Eleanor Rigby as the Encore. It was good, but not enough for me to want to buy a second, overpriced copy of the record just to get the 7". I feel like it was just the first verse and the chorus and then they repeated the chorus a few times.

Back