Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I swapped for Fist City. Everything I have read has been positive. It’s a fairly short album but they pressed it at 45rpms. So I am on board. Plus it’s first time it’s been reissued in any format since 1968 and there are only 1000 albums of em (they’ll stick around for a while but once they are gone they’re gone).

45RPM?? Somehow, I missed that detail this whole time! Been thinking about grabbing this, and that detail alone pushes me closer to it just because it's interesting lol

How good is the quality of Loretta's Fist City? Thinking about adding a track to swap for it and saving a whopping $1 haha.

Added Essentials to swap for Alex Cameron. Man, those 3 released tracks are something else. Super excited for this record.

Miami memory should be great. The singles are so strong. I still listen to forced witness regularly.

How good is the quality of Loretta's Fist City? Thinking about adding a track to swap for it and saving a whopping $1 haha.

Added Essentials to swap for Alex Cameron. Man, those 3 released tracks are something else. Super excited for this record.

I asked upthread and 3 members vouched for it, so I went for it as well. What interests me is the most is that one of the delays was ostensibly to locate tapes for the transfer, which would indicate a new master from the one that’s sitting on streaming services. Like a lot of neglected country albums, that master is a bit of a rocky mess, so hopefully this sounds much better. If it is indeed a new digital master this seems to be the only way to hear it. I do wish they had been able to get a dedicated lacquer cut though, but I’ll refrain from judgement till it ships.

Alright... Y'all wanna help me swap? I'm having a really tough time this month.

I like that Roots record, but the standard version is cheap on Amazon, and I don't know if the $12+ upcharge for a colored record and shiny cover is worth it.

There are a bunch of swappable records that I'm not super excited about, but I could go for it. I'm kinda between the following:

• Sleater-Kinney - The Center Won't Hold
  • The Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns
  • Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night
  • Queen Latifah - All Hail The Queen
  • Open Mike Eagle - Unapologetic Art Rap
  • Living Legends - Classic
The other option is literally swapping for the most valuable item, and just reselling it at a slight profit or break-even. (I can't believe it's gotten to this point)

Thoughts?

I like that Roots record, but the standard version is cheap on Amazon, and I don't know if the $12+ upcharge for a colored record and shiny cover is worth it.

There are a bunch of swappable records that I'm not super excited about, but I could go for it. I'm kinda between the following:

The other option is literally swapping for the most valuable item, and just reselling it at a slight profit or break-even. (I can't believe it's gotten to this point)

Thoughts?
Isley Brothers followed by Queen Latifah followed by Open Mike Eagle.

Thoughts?
The Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns. EASY!!!

My next favourite would be Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night! It’s jazzy, funky, gritty, playful and nocturnal! It’s a superb record!

Pick either of them two, for sure!

Classics is my main steam but added Essentials and then asked if I could swap it for Power of Zeus, which they did. It bothers me that you can sometimes ask to swap for titles not listed in the Swaptions. Either it should be available to all or not at all. That said I like the album and if I can get it for $23 instead of $32 then I will do it.

Thoughts?

Isley Brothers!

Thoughts?
Isley brothers > Camp Lo > everything else listed

Alright, I think I have this month figured out. It took me a minute but I am happy with my decision. I pared down to 2 tracks. Switched my main track from Essentials to R&HH then swapped out the Roots for Loretta Lynn ‘Fist City’ now I am going to take my extra $23 and put it towards the slightly overly expensive copy of Mike & The Moonpies new album. I am happy with this decision. My year of Country music continues!

These Konradsen singles are really nice. Trying to calm the trigger finger as I have some credit hanging out. Regardless, gotta give VMP some props for the introduction if nothing else.

EDIT: After some digging I'm also SHOCKED to report that this album is actually cheapest through VMP (when shipping is figured into the equation... and only by $1).

Last edited:
Alright, I think I have this month figured out. It took me a minute but I am happy with my decision. I pared down to 2 tracks. Switched my main track from Essentials to R&HH then swapped out the Roots for Loretta Lynn ‘Fist City’ now I am going to take my extra $23 and put it towards the slightly overly expensive copy of Mike & The Moonpies new album. I am happy with this decision. My year of Country music continues!

Fist City sounds really great.

Back