Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Ok. From a conventional standpoint would people file A Tribe Called Quest under A or T?

I’ve always had them under T as I’ve treated the A in A Tribe almost like, for example, the T in The Doors, The Strokes etc and dismissed it. But now I’m thinking that’s just not right!

A

But the real question is where do you file Alice Cooper?

Actually, it isn’t. Copper the frontman had his name changed and band discussion becomes moot at that point. You know who didn’t, Bowie. You know where I keep Bowie… in the Bs.
Next to your Tin Machine albums?

Also as a thought. So does that mean all Alice Cooper recordings before the name change are filled under A and all post name changes are filed under C?

It is for me. I have everything sorted accordingly. That’s how I easily find shit. I don’t have to think “did I file A Tribe Called Quest under the ‘A’s or the ‘T’s?” I just pull up the Discogs app and it tells me where to look.
In the before times, there were rules in place to prevent you having to worry about it, but since a dumbass programmer couldn’t figure out how to comma delineate a crowd sourced database, we now have infinite debates on the subject.

Without the internet these debates wouldn’t exist. Just like is a hot dog a sandwich.

Also “A” According to Discogs. They sort by the artists first game so it doesn’t matter if it’s the artist or the band it’s all under “A”.

I dont follow the discogs system as i can find everything myself for how i have it organized.

I keep Alice Cooper under A because it was a band before it became a person. If it was always an artist, then itd be filed under C.

In the before times, there were rules in place to prevent you having to worry about it, but since a dumbass programmer couldn’t figure out how to comma delineate a crowd sourced database, we now have infinite debates on the subject.

Without the internet these debates wouldn’t exist. Just like is a hot dog a sandwich.
I don’t have any debate on the subject. As long a I use Discogs to catalog my collection it would be silly to use any other format to organize.

Hey @avecigrec something to chew on… the same logic that leads you to put Tribe in the As might lead you to put Pink Floyd in the Fs.

Another possible counter is when you talk about A Tribe Called Quest and are actually speaking… are you more likely to say “A Tribe Called Quest”, “ATCQ” or “Tribe”?

Hey @avecigrec something to chew on… the same logic that leads you to put Tribe in the As might lead you to put Pink Floyd in the Fs.

Another possible counter is when you talk about A Tribe Called Quest and are actually speaking… are you more likely to say “A Tribe Called Quest”, “ATCQ” or “Tribe”?
A Tribe Called Quest

Back