Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I mean, they should have been on the mailing lists at least. They must have been getting the same information we were, and a good few of us thought it was VMP owned & controlled.

Best when read in the voice of Strother Martin as 'The Captain' in Cool Hand Luke...

"Your Honor, I'd like to enter this into evidence as Exhibit A and more specifically, page 3, paragraph 2..."

IMG_5124.jpegIMG_5123.jpeg

It may be.
But this whole model kind of relies upon trust.
Trust to subscribe to a 12/6/3 month membership. Or trust that that expensive boxset preorder is actually going to show up at your doorstep. Trust that the product you're getting is going to be high quality.

That trust is definitely eroding. Will it sink them? Only time will tell, but my trust was cracked with the delays, and now broken to the point of cancellation because I have no idea WHEN I'm getting that product, let alone if.

I have the same view as you on this and when I expressed that on discord i pretty much got told to shut up and eat my pinecone and ask for a refund. So i did got my $581 back today for the Dead box, Impulse box, and Alicia Keys. And i wont be resubbing in july anymore now as well, which is a shame because i really like what they do and its good quality but their customer care is terrible.

Already used $40 of it to order the new Isaiah Collier album.

And literally the only reason people arent asking for refunds on these much delayed boxes is because “it was 40% off” if it was full price itd be a different story, im sure.

Thankfully nobody has received this, just 20k subscribers. They are good here. They NEVER claimed it was theirs.
Again, this is part of the suit haha. VMP saying Cam and co were overstating how involved the company was in the plant. I wouldn’t be shocked if VMP was pissed at how long it took to open (it’s been 3 years and they still haven’t pressed anything for market.) and there’s some line in the suit about the plant spending $20k on a sound system for the bar lol

Again, this is part of the suit haha. VMP saying Cam and co were overstating how involved the company was in the plant. I wouldn’t be shocked if VMP was pissed at how long it took to open (it’s been 3 years and they still haven’t pressed anything for market.) and there’s some line in the suit about the plant spending $20k on a sound system for the bar lol
I mean… some people on here will have spent that on a sound system for their box room or basement.

I mean… some people on here will have spent that on a sound system for their box room or basement.
Oh yea. The number doesn’t surprise me and looking back I actually misremembered. The complaint says Defendants used VMP resources to pay for hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment for the plant, including a specialized sound system that was an "amenity" for the plant.

Oh yea. The number doesn’t surprise me and looking back I actually misremembered. The complaint says Defendants used VMP resources to pay for hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment for the plant, including a specialized sound system that was an "amenity" for the plant.
I’m starting to think no one on the board ever googled ‘is it expensive to set up a record pressing plant?’

We want to build an audiophile plant but we will only test on a Crosley.

I have the same view as you on this and when I expressed that on discord i pretty much got told to shut up and eat my pinecone and ask for a refund. So i did got my $581 back today for the Dead box, Impulse box, and Alicia Keys. And i wont be resubbing in july anymore now as well, which is a shame because i really like what they do and its good quality but their customer care is terrible.

Already used $40 of it to order the new Isaiah Collier album.

And literally the only reason people arent asking for refunds on these much delayed boxes is because “it was 40% off” if it was full price itd be a different story, im sure.
I took that impulse money and went shopping yesterday. Managed to find Lench Mob and Both Sides of the Brain (when I say I squealed a bit finding it in mint condition for $60 CAD that is not an exaggeration) in the same used section, got a few more albums, then ordered Portisheads Roseland NYC. It's already coming up Millhouse.

Best when read in the voice of Strother Martin as 'The Captain' in Cool Hand Luke...

"Your Honor, I'd like to enter this into evidence as Exhibit A and more specifically, page 3, paragraph 2..."

View attachment 202030View attachment 202031
This is coincidence, I was just cleaning up and found the same magazine, and even took a photo of the same paragraph to post here before I saw yours 🤣

Anyway, its pretty clear from this alone that the guys at VMP were under the same assumption we were, that this was a VMP owned facility.

IMG_0841.JPG

I woke up this morning and realized that if my girlfriend realized I had $1000 worth of pre orders tied to a record club that’s potentially in dire financial straights , she’d kill me. I canceled all my pre orders. I’ll buy the sets once I have confirmation that they are shipping .
Hell, my wife would kill me even if she knew it was in good financial straights.

Last edited:
I woke up this morning and realized that if my girlfriend realized I had $1000 worth of pre orders tied to a record club that’s potentially in dire financial straights , she’d kill me. I canceled all my pre orders. I’ll buy the sets once I have confirmation that they are shipping .

If they come in stock and i can get them 40% off again, ill go back for em. Thats literally only reason people are keeping the preorders and not bitching more “well, it was 40% off, ill wait a lil longer”

Back