Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t think they have as big a full time international subscriber base as maybe it might appear. As an international it’s very very expensive and their attitude towards us stinks. I’d say more than you’d imagine just dip in and out for selected releases.
100% this. I thought about dipping back in for Little Richard, then realized it was $55 USD.

Still have Impulse! pending. Barring a great run of titles I really want, that would seem like a good final chapter on my time with VMP.

They’ve a load of listings saying that they’ll still be pressed at Vinyl My Plant. Has anything actually been pressed there or can they just not be arsed to update the website?

This is the Ashby repress (for examples sake)

View attachment 201977

None of them will be at the VMP pressing plant. I think the regular VMP staff got blindsided like the rest of us (or at the very least only had a nominal heads up before we did) and details are still being worked out on where everything will be pressed going forward. Storf said in discord an email will go out once every release is finalized with a new pressing plant with a new timeline (optimistically he hopes it'll be this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath). So for now assume anything on the website that says it's being pressed at VMP and whatever release date estimate is given to not be correct.

I did see Storf say in the discord that the GD and Blue Note boxes were heading over to RTI. Not sure about Impulse.

100% this. I thought about dipping back in for Little Richard, then realized it was $55 USD.

Still have Impulse! pending. Barring a great run of titles I really want, that would seem like a good final chapter on my time with VMP.

Yeah similar. Now that they add our VAT in the basket it ends up over €60 even on a 3 month sub, it’s a pretty bitter pill to swallow. That was one that i would have dipped back for as well at a more reasonable price.

None of them will be at the VMP pressing plant. I think the regular VMP staff got blindsided like the rest of us (or at the very least only had a nominal heads up before we did) and details are still being worked out on where everything will be pressed going forward. Storf said in discord an email will go out once every release is finalized with a new pressing plant with a new timeline (optimistically he hopes it'll be this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath). So for now assume anything on the website that says it's being pressed at VMP and whatever release date estimate is given to not be correct.

I did see Storf say in the discord that the GD and Blue Note boxes were heading over to RTI. Not sure about Impulse.
Paulie said there had been unexpected “barriers” with the anthologies. I think they knew.

I've been swapping my main track for store credits and adding sub when I want something. I'll spend that credit in another sale. $55 is too much.

I thought they took on private equity. I'm assuming whoever that was got at least one board seat
Right I meant that I don’t think the whole board is hedge fund dudes. From what I could see, the board was Matt, Tyler, Cam, a guy from a VC firm, an SVP from Warner, a woman who runs a media production company (CDs, DVDs, vinyl and soft goods), a private equity fund manager who owns Electric Lady studios, and a marketing/partnerships consultant. There may be others…but the vote on the plant seemed to be 4-3 with Cam as the tie breaker.

Right I meant that I don’t think the whole board is hedge fund dudes. From what I could see, the board was Matt, Tyler, Cam, a guy from a VC firm, an SVP from Warner, a woman who runs a media production company (CDs, DVDs, vinyl and soft goods), a private equity fund manager who owns Electric Lady studios, and a marketing/partnerships consultant. There may be others…but the vote on the plant seemed to be 4-3 with Cam as the tie breaker.
There’s no way Tyler and Matt weren’t aware of all the things that baffle us about the board seemingly not knowing. Like it basically being marketed as VMP’s plant.

There’s no way Tyler and Matt weren’t aware of all the things that baffle us about the board seemingly not knowing. Like it basically being marketed as VMP’s plant.
I mean, they should have been on the mailing lists at least. They must have been getting the same information we were, and a good few of us thought it was VMP owned & controlled.

Back