Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Don't wanna throw shade at the release, if you are a die-hard coltrane or jazz fan those are probably great takes. Just personally feeling that i do not need retakes of songs i have on other lps when i still have so many blind spots to fill in my jazz collection.
Honestly that's how I feel. I haven't actually cancelled it yet but I'm leaning towards it.

Don't wanna throw shade at the release, if you are a die-hard coltrane or jazz fan those are probably great takes. Just personally feeling that i do not need retakes of songs i have on other lps when i still have so many blind spots to fill in my jazz collection.

Correct, there are probably 15 or so Coltrane albums everyone would need before this cash grab.

VMP the club, membership, or whatever the hell they call themselves theses days, is dead. Wake up people.

And "free shipping", really people still believe they are getting free shipping? That's like the only perk left of the so called membership and it's a total sham, being priced into every release. If you are buying multiple overpriced records a month, you're not only not getting it free you are paying more than most places that don't offer "free shipping"

The limit being 5 per customer, lmfao, they want flippers to post them at higher prices to make it look like their over pricing is a bargain.

Sorry, I shouldn't even be posting as I've been done for awhile but shit this is entertaining.

Judging by the hype the Coltrane will generate in the news, the fact it will likely be public soon, and the rate at which the recent Sonny Rollin's sold out....I wouldn't expect this to make it to swaps.

Hated to after my angry email to anthology yesterday, but I Tina'd …….. these bastards, they have my weakness dialed in.
I preordered it from amazon. Also bought a nice copy of The Freedom Rider from discogs a few days ago. At this point, I think only releasing something like a 100% exclusive Pharoah by Pharoah Sanders reissue would get them my money.

Last edited:
If your favourite John Coltrane album is an odds and sods soundtrack that no one noticed a massive difference between new takes and originals for years then you haven’t heard Giant Steps, A Love Supreme, Blue Trane, Coltrane’s Sound, Olé, Offering, Lush Life, etc. To pass over hyperbole (while i’m sure the takes are stellar) as an actual critical opinion is shameful marketing.

I really enjoy Blanck Mass, not yet enough to purchase a record. This one might change that. Problem I usually have is that listening to Blanck Mass just makes me want to return to the Fuck Buttons album Tarot Sport, which I think is the best work this artist has been involved in making.
IMO, Dumb Flesh is fantastic from start to finish. World Eater is pretty good (not as good imo) and this new one hasn't really clicked with me at all yet.

This is coming from someone who can't really stand anything by Fuck Buttons.

If your favourite John Coltrane album is an odds and sods soundtrack that no one noticed a massive difference between new takes and originals for years then you haven’t heard Giant Steps, A Love Supreme, Blue Trane, Coltrane’s Sound, Olé, Offering, Lush Life, etc. To pass over hyperbole (while i’m sure the takes are stellar) as an actual critical opinion is shameful marketing.

I mean you are not wrong and probably right in your assessment, but let's be fair to the guy that tweeted. He said his favourite, not Coltrane's best. I think there is a difference. Albums like A Love Supreme and Giant Steps are arguably Coltrane's best or most important, but for me they aren't my favourite albums of his. It's possible that this album just really clicked with this guy. More likely he is just a hypebeast payed by vmp though

I mean you are not wrong and probably right in your assessment, but let's be fair to the guy that tweeted. He said his favourite, not Coltrane's best. I think there is a difference. Albums like A Love Supreme and Giant Steps are arguably Coltrane's best or most important, but for me they aren't my favourite albums of his. It's possible that this album just really clicked with this guy. More likely he is just a hypebeast payed by vmp though

The real trick is how is this guy already listened and digested the whole album that hasn't been released in order for him to pick as his favourite ?

Yeah I think the problem folks are having with it (aside from the funny “arguably” part) isn’t that the new thing is his favorite, it’s that they believe he’s (1) lying about that or (2) is so inexperienced with Coltrane’s catalogue that his opinion is meaningless (like, if he’d only ever heard that record, then yes, it would be his favorite).

I actually do like The Sleater-Kinney album though. But favourite? That takes time and understanding a record.

I think Sleater-Kinney are getting an unfair amount of stick regards this album. As if Carrie and Corin, two strong personalities with minds of their own, fell under St Vincent’s spell and let her ghost write an entire album just to push out the beloved drummer. It sounds pleasant now only time will let me fairly assess it in their discography.

The real trick is how is this guy already listened and digested the whole album that hasn't been released in order for him to pick as his favourite ?

Haha, didn't even consider that😂 I mean theoretically he could have received a test pressing or something like that, but I don't really know why I'm even trying to defend this guy.

Back