Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

take_a_break_store.jpg

I got shipping notice on Nilsson and the two Fiona’s I ordered with one of the codes.

Of course they didn’t bundle any of this with my monthly order which I got the other day and the Roseanne Cash I ordered is showing in stock too…

Never change VMP. Be consistently inconsistent!
Still no shipping on my monthly or Nilsson

I got shipping notice on Nilsson and the two Fiona’s I ordered with one of the codes.

Of course they didn’t bundle any of this with my monthly order which I got the other day and the Roseanne Cash I ordered is showing in stock too…

Never change VMP. Be consistently inconsistent!

Imagine doing the same for international subscribers... Oh wait.

I know we're months out from it releasing, but would anyone be kind enough to throw on ODB: Return to the 36 chambers as an add on track for me that month? I'll obviously pay for any additional shipping to get the record to me, but I really want to get it and don't want to pay a one month sub price for it.
the price difference might not be too much between a 1 month sub and an add-on + shipping to ya...but you might save if a member who doesn't get charged sales tax can order for you! I unfortunately get hit with sales tax so an add-on is close to $40 with tax for me.

So my last two ROTM shipments were actually opened and then resealed in transit, no issues with the discs or anything missing but the seal was most definitely sliced open and then haphazardly taped shut. Any other Canadians have this happen recently? I'm guessing it's customs but not really sure, only two times it's happened in the entire time I've been a member.

So my last two ROTM shipments were actually opened and then resealed in transit, no issues with the discs or anything missing but the seal was most definitely sliced open and then haphazardly taped shut. Any other Canadians have this happen recently? I'm guessing it's customs but not really sure, only two times it's happened in the entire time I've been a member.

I’m guessing customs for sure. If your customs officers have similar powers to ours they are allowed to open any parcel to inspect its contents to check the items and value have been correctly declared.

Not VMP, but I had a record for a Christmas gift definitely opened and very much haphazardly taped shut about a week ago. I assumed customs is definitely fucking around with it.

What's actually crazy about it, is that it was a discogs order, which usually get sent through with zero customs - but this one had a price tag on it, and I think customs saw this, and then decided that they needed a cut so slapped a $20 customs fee on it.

My conclusion is they're now trying to check invoices/price tags and then ramming you with customs, and because VMP orders do not come with any invoice or price, there's nothing they can do about it.

Happened to me with a VMP shipment, 2022 I think. Yellow tape sliced and new tape over top. Years ago they used to put a sticker on the parcel to say that it had been “opened by CBS”

Not VMP, but I had a record for a Christmas gift definitely opened and very much haphazardly taped shut about a week ago. I assumed customs is definitely fucking around with it.

What's actually crazy about it, is that it was a discogs order, which usually get sent through with zero customs - but this one had a price tag on it, and I think customs saw this, and then decided that they needed a cut so slapped a $20 customs fee on it.

My conclusion is they're now trying to check invoices/price tags and then ramming you with customs, and because VMP orders do not come with any invoice or price, there's nothing they can do about it.
Yeah I kinda figured it was something of the sort. Two in a row makes me wonder if there's gunna be a reckoning coming in terms of duties...

Yeah I kinda figured it was something of the sort. Two in a row makes me wonder if there's gunna be a reckoning coming in terms of duties...
100%.

They've been a bit crazy on the duties more so I found over the past year (which is why I mostly stopped ordering from the US), and with the holiday season they're planning on making bank.

Back