Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I mean 50% of people who buy records don’t own turntables.
I think the stat was 50% of people who bought a record last year in the US didn’t own a turntable. TSwift was the biggest seller of records by a long shot last year so it skews the stats quite a lot.

I know you’re being somewhat facetious but I’d bet that way more than 50% of people who subscribe to a vinyl service own a turntable…

yeah I mean I don't even doubt that - its obviously still working for them so they don't care enough to swap their pressing plant.
They don’t swap pressing plants because GZ is the only one that can regularly hit the deadlines at the volume VMP needs every month. QRP stopped pressing for most other companies to focus on their own series. RTI was backlogged like crazy and only just now getting up to speed. Gotta Groove can’t handle the numbers and neither can Pallas. I wouldn’t wish Third Man on any company…once their plant is open they will start at least pressing some tracks there then ramp up supposedly to press most ROTMs there.

People definitely complain and get replacements if there are issues, as they should. But by and large I think GZ has been much better lately than they were a year or so ago. The two Anthologies I’ve gotten from VMP recently were both GZ and didn’t have a single issue. ROTMs have been mostly good too aside from Death Cab.

fatih_crisis_store_v2.jpg

Just realized my VMP membership is about to lapse and I have enough store credit for a couple albums on my way out the door...
I'm leaning towards Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (an upgrade on my step-dad's old scratched copy) and Booker T - In the Christmas Spirit ('cause Christmas is coming). The music on both is great, but does anyone have thoughts on either of those pressings? Thanks in Advance.

I have both, and both sound great! Thin Lizzy is definitely worth the upgrade, and it has some of VMP's best put-together packaging for a ROTM.

It's been a minute since I listened to the Booker T, but I distinctly remember the organ and bass really shining on it.

If I had to pick one I'd probably say Thin Lizzy, but imo you can't go wrong with either. Both are solid examples of how VMP can knock it out of the park when they do it right.

Edit: and while it doesn't sound like you have any interest in renewing your sub, I will just point out that if you do renew VMP is still doing that free record giveaway and I know Thin Lizzy is among the choices you can pick. That's how I ended up with my copy!

Last edited:
So if my math is right....rejoining this month with a referral code for a year brings the price down to about $18 a record.

$435/year
-$80 referral
----------------
$355
/12 records + 8 bonus records
$17.75 + tax

That ain't too shabby and is likely the best price you'll find for a long time.

I think the referral is bumped up for international members to $99 off for a year?

Back