Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I actually imagine that the profits are tighter on the ROTM because of their exclusivity desires.
This is basically why they can't do 3LPs as ROTM -- they have to stay within the cost of the monthly sub (e.g. "this month's ROTM is a 3LP so we're charging 70 instead of 50" is a straight no-go). So anything that's more than a 2LP is limited to a store exclusive/drop.

That's what I was leaning. Locked it in just in case I forget. I've got another copy of Stankonia anyway and Shades of Blue seems relatively easy to come by.
Just seeing this, but I believe that Shades of Blue will be on sale this weekend for HH50 and Stankonia will be on sale next week or the week after. You should end up with a code in your email to order. I'm planning on getting Shades of Blue this weekend.

This is basically why they can't do 3LPs as ROTM -- they have to stay within the cost of the monthly sub (e.g. "this month's ROTM is a 3LP so we're charging 70 instead of 50" is a straight no-go). So anything that's more than a 2LP is limited to a store exclusive/drop.
Oddly enough their new glamour shot makes it look the country record and hip hop record this month are triple lps:
IMG_3241.png

I assume that they make enough money off of them on the front end or we would see reductions in quantities and selection. This is not a low profit business. Also, they outsource their warehousing anyhow so I don't imagine it hurts their cost until they reach a new threshold which I am sure they offset with sales and renew or join today to get x amount of records.

I actually imagine that the profits are tighter on the ROTM because of their exclusivity desires. I imagine that Sturgill and even Madlib were tests of the water to see what it looks like when it isn't truly exclusive from a catalog title standpoint to look at banking on anniversary tagalongs in the future to reduce those costs.

Also probably why they haven't done a new release rotm in a while.

Restock

fetch_the_bolt_cutters_vinyl_store.jpg

Restock

fetch_the_bolt_cutters_vinyl_store.jpg

I know that rules mean nothing and everything, but wasn’t this supposed to be a limited variant, unlike the other Fiona’s which were properly exclusive?

I know that rules mean nothing and everything, but wasn’t this supposed to be a limited variant, unlike the other Fiona’s which were properly exclusive?

No, don't believe this was ever limited.

It was just stamped as Exclusive Pressing, but not numbered, right out the gate. I'm sure they knew they'd be repressing this one a few times...

Back