Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I may be wrong, but i think Shooter helped curate the box. And they wanted to focus on a specific period in his career. but i'm not too up on Waylon at all.
That’s my understanding as well. Still not the box I would have put together and there isn’t much of a story to tell during that period that isn’t already pretty much known/covered in the actual fucking records. It just seems lackluster/uninspired. Fuck it, it’s just lazy.

I may be wrong, but i think Shooter helped curate the box. And they wanted to focus on a specific period in his career. but i'm not too up on Waylon at all.

d1e847ea76033291a4a41720599a4b96.gif

That’s my understanding as well. Still not the box I would have put together and there isn’t much of a story to tell during that period that isn’t already pretty much known/covered in the actual fucking records. It just seems lackluster.
i personally think the anthologies (and most of VMP) have a major branding issue...calling something "The Story Of" and then telling some of the least interesting parts of the artist or label's story only invites criticism of album choices. it's happened quite a few times now.

i personally think the anthologies (and most of VMP) have a major branding issue...calling something "The Story Of" and then telling some of the least interesting parts of the artist or label's story only invites criticism of album choices. it's happened quite a few times now.
Also, I would say like only one of the albums in that box is hard to find.

i think stock check was kinda low on Sly, but who really knows...

I did the 6 month sub earlier this year. think mine lapses in november at which point i'll decide if i wanna dip in again for freebies or not. but even with freebies, there aren't a TON of things i really want that i don't already have.
Last time I rejoined, I didn’t want or already had the freebies. I just looked for a few that sell consistently on Discogs and also have good reviews, and I put them up for sale at the lowest price for each one. All to offset the cost of membership.

Last time I rejoined, I didn’t want or already had the freebies. I just looked for a few that sell consistently on Discogs and also have good reviews, and I put them up for sale at the lowest price for each one. All to offset the cost of membership.

I basically did this. Of the 8 free albums I took 4 and sold them to my local to off-set cost

Been quite a while since I swapped for credits. Is it pro-rated for your subscription amount? A 6 mon sub is less per month than a 3 month sub.
This is exactly it. They simply divide what you paid (including taxes) last time you renewed by the number of months you subscribed for and give you that amount when you swap for credit. I think I get just over $46 in credit when I swap my 3-month. I usually swap my main and just pay for an add-on if there's something I really want. Or, if it's a single LP that I want and it is available for purchase in the store, I'll just swap for the $46 credit and pay $37 for the single LP when the credit shows up in my account at the beginning of the month.

This is exactly it. They simply divide what you paid (including taxes) last time you renewed by the number of months you subscribed for and give you that amount when you swap for credit. I think I get just over $46 in credit when I swap my 3-month. I usually swap my main and just pay for an add-on if there's something I really want. Or, if it's a single LP that I want and it is available for purchase in the store, I'll just swap for the $46 credit and pay $37 for the single LP when the credit shows up in my account at the beginning of the month.
I thing I read here before that a lot of ghe intl members swap for credit because they get their higher monthly rate s credit and then use additional tracks which are priced the same for us and intl to get the aotms they want

Thinking about swapping for credit. Going to listen to Waylon again but I may swap for credit in anticipation of preorder for Southeastern Deluxe coming soon.

Wait what?

@Twentytwo is VMP doing a version?

@bdm105 2LP 10th Anniversary edition with some demos and the full album live, IIRC. He teased it when I saw him a few months back and touched upon it more in an interview/article... Time Magazine, I think.

That is what I was thinking, after I swapped for Sly. On a 6mon international sub I would get $49 in swap credit. If the ROTM I want is available to buy (1lp $37/2lp $43) in the store, I would be better off to swap for credit and then buy with credit.

@bdm105 2LP 10th Anniversary edition with some demos and the full album live, IIRC. He teased it when I saw him a few months back and touched upon it more in an interview/article... Time Magazine, I think.
Yes. I mentioned to Storf on Discord saying how Southeastern should be a ROTM, he said not ROTM but store exclusive sure. So it’s a forgone conclusion they’ll get a deluxe of it.

Yes. I mentioned to Storf on Discord saying how Southeastern should be a ROTM, he said not ROTM but store exclusive sure. So it’s a forgone conclusion they’ll get a deluxe of it.

Right on.
I'm way stoked for that one to land.
Hopefully the VMP store drop will help it find even more fans who aren't already familiar.

Oh shit that's awesome. I wish Isbell would follow The National with a fan club and yearly live album

Back