Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The fifth Beatle!

Seriously underrated. Not sure why he’s not more universally known. His 60s-mid 70s output is spectacular.
Dude didn’t really give shit. I think he’d made music so he could live the rock star lifestyle. As long as he had booze, cocaine and a lady friend he was good to go. Music was means to an end for Harry, it just so happened he was really good at the music part of it.

Last edited:
Fuck it. I'm ordering this. You win guy whose name I don't know.
I wish it had the opening track on it...but apparently that wasn't on the available mono tapes.

I'll probably grab this one eventually too. As others have said, his output was pretty amazing. if I had to guess, Nilsson Schmilsson would be in essentials and "A Touch of" in Classics.

I wish it had the opening track on it...but apparently that wasn't on the available mono tapes.

I'll probably grab this one eventually too. As others have said, his output was pretty amazing. if I had to guess, Nilsson Schmilsson would be in essentials and "A Touch of" in Classics.
Sundazed did a mono reissue that included "Daddy's Song" back in 2014 and again in 2018. Probably not AAA but it was cut by Kevin Gray. It's starting to tick up in price (like, comparable to today's VMP reissue) but it might be found for cheaper if you look around.

Last edited:
That Mofi, just for the record. Is insanely good. One of my demo albums for visitors.
0*QYkoPob4X3UPAS-d.

“This pressing is absolutely amazing! Sure there’s a digital step but I don’t mind, it’s all about the music! Being pressed at 45RPM really opens it up giving it a lovely soundstage and mids.“

giphy.gif

“Check out the bass on Jump Into The Fire while I get us another beer! It will blow your mind!”

hk9ahtaza5p91.gif

“Turns out I’m out of beer! Would you like a Capri-Sun instead! I got Orange and Fruit Punch!”

0*QYkoPob4X3UPAS-d.

“This pressing is absolutely amazing! Sure there’s a digital step but I don’t mind, it’s all about the music! Being pressed at 45RPM really opens it up giving it a lovely soundstage and mids.“

giphy.gif

“Check out the bass on Jump Into The Fire while I get us another beer! It will blow your mind!”

hk9ahtaza5p91.gif

“Turns out I’m out of beer! Would you like a Capri-Sun instead! I got Orange and Fruit Punch!”
I'm not gunna lie, when I wrote "visitors" I kinda expected someone to take a shot. But this is far better than I had anticipated.

I'm not gunna lie, when I wrote "visitors" I kinda expected someone to take a shot. But this is far better than I had anticipated.
That scene (masterpiece) and that acting (masterful throughout the whole movie) is far better than anyone should anticipate! And the scene makes for great memes like the one above.

aerial_ballet_store_v3.jpg

This is the first of six (6) planned Nilsson reissues for VMP, including two Record of the Month features next year, and more store drops planned for later this year.

If anyone is seriously after this the speakers corner is really brilliant and likely much cheaper.

Cheapest I can find here is about $5 more expensive than VMP with exchange rate. With taxes it's more like 10 bucks cheaper.

Fair enough. I think looking a bit more it’s currently awaiting a repress as well so maybe that’s why the likes of JPC are currently out of stock. For €30 list it is a really brilliant AAA pressing.

Back