Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think I'm with you - I like Death Cab and own Plans and Transatlanticism but don't think I need any more beyond that.
Yup, I have the same two: the MOV for Plans and the 10th anniversary of Transatlanticism. That's about all I can take without it all feeling very same-y. Have Postal Service as well if I need to mix things up.

Love Waxahatchee and this record so If people wanna buy this I wholly recommend they do but also, you can get a plain old black non-tenth anniversary pressing for like $16 right now. Not sure it’s ever been unavailable at any point over the past 10 years, tbh.
$36 CAD is the cheapest I can find in Canada so far, but it's out there in at least ONE store here.

I don't disagree really, I looked at the track list and realized I knew at least half the songs, I just didn't play it as much as the other two I had so sold it a while back.
Oh I also get not needing all their albums, but for those that passed this one up cause it's not part of their peak run, I'm just recommending a listen. Grapevine Fires is one of my favorite DC songs. I Will Possess Your Heart, Bixby Bridge, and Long Division are also up there.

michael_store.jpg

Midnight record drop? Alrighty then.

And two more color variants (and an obi!!!!) are on Killer Mike's website at a much cheaper price compared to VMP:

Ugh, not with shipping to Canada. And there's a one hundred percent chance I'm gonna get hit with at least another 15 in duties too, since now I've gone from never paying duties, to paying duties on every US order.

Ordering vinyl from the states has become an annoying proposition lately.

I may have to wait for this to hit locals, no way this will last until signups on the 18th.

I love how this thread turned into a place to find cheaper variants of VMP releases 😂😂😂
At this point that's not a hard thing to do. I love how the Reddit thread on many of these widely available drops are people defending paying more through VMP because of VMP's CS. Customer service would/should never have to be talked about in the first place if VMP actually had a sound QC process from the jump.

At this point that's not a hard thing to do. I love how the Reddit thread on many of these widely available drops are people defending paying more through VMP because of VMP's CS. Customer service would/should never have to be talked about in the first place if VMP actually had a sound QC process from the jump.

Just in case they read: QC is for Quality Control.

I mean, qc of warps and such isn’t their job until the plant opens. (They do own holding their partners accountable, but that is unlikely given that they don’t find accountability for themselves very important). QC for the product being what they advertised is their job though: so it matters what you are talking about.

I mean, qc of warps and such isn’t their job until the plant opens. (They do own holding their partners accountable, but that is unlikely given that they don’t find accountability for themselves very important). QC for the product being what they advertised is their job though: so it matters what you are talking about.

Alternate viewpoint. It is. You’re responsible to the end user for your sub contractor’s work. It’s their job to hold the plant to account for the shit pressings.

I suppose being charitable the lack of capacity in the chain means that everyone is scrabbling about for pressing capacity and that has gone out the window.

Alternate viewpoint. It is. You’re responsible to the end user for your sub contractor’s work. It’s their job to hold the plant to account for the shit pressings.

I suppose being charitable the lack of capacity in the chain means that everyone is scrabbling about for pressing capacity and that has gone out the window.
I said they own holding their partner's responsible... I'm just saying they aren't the ones sleeving and jacketing the record after it comes off the press.

I'm also incredulous about capacity concerns at this time. Ain't nothing like Adele getting pressed right now. VMP and Colemine and others are able to hit their street dates regularly. I think some folks use capacity as a crutch for their poor planning in coordinating physical and streaming release.

I'm also incredulous about capacity concerns at this time. Ain't nothing like Adele getting pressed right now. VMP and Colemine and others are able to hit their street dates regularly. I think some folks use capacity as a crutch for their poor planning in coordinating physical and streaming release.

Be as incredulous as you like, and of course it's better than it was even a year ago, but it's 100% true that plants are backed up. You don't need an Adele, just Record Store Day going full-bore again and not spreading out through the year, artists being able to fully tour again and wanting something to tour behind, big anniversaries of important albums, return of Summer festivals and wanting merch to go with that, etc. And beyond all that, all it takes is one high-priority album going wrong and the plant needing to start over, or a press breaking, to cascade down and affect all other projects lined up to go next (all those Slender Means and Divorce records were supposed to be at the release show, not shipped 3 months later).

It's true that a lot of labels/stores are hitting their street dates but I suspect it's also something of a visual trick - those dates are likely a lot later than they originally wanted or might even have internally predicted, but they delayed the pre-orders and chose a public date that was potentially feasible. As another example, Neko Case announced an anthology last year, and it was only available through digital and CD. On the 1-year anniversary, vinyl goes up for order. Maybe it a calculated delay, but I doubt it.

Back