Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

$65 for 4 LPs is alright as far as VMP pricing goes.

But I mean, some of that is going to Kid Rock I'd assume, and I think I'd prefer him to die penniless and raging about whichever company supports pride issues at the time.

EDIT: The list of artists included in this, makes Kid Rock's inclusion even more baffling. Was everyone included in this project even kept up to speed on who else would be included? Was Ted Nugent not available that day?

Fwiw, Storf posted in the Discord that there will be three Death Cab (colour variant) exclusives + the 10th Anniversary of an Indie album exclusive all tomorrow.

Fwiw, Storf posted in the Discord that there will be three Death Cab (colour variant) exclusives + the 10th Anniversary of an Indie album exclusive all tomorrow.
Three separate albums from Death Cab, or the same album in three colours? I'm sure they're going to try to do Plans if it's 3 separate, and no way that's going to surpass the MOV.

i'm also struggling to figure out what album they have a 10th anniversary of, as this is when my interest in Indie started tapering off.

That National? The 1975? AM? I can't see it being Arcade Fire so soon after we canceled Win.

Three separate albums from Death Cab, or the same album in three colours? I'm sure they're going to try to do Plans if it's 3 separate, and no way that's going to surpass the MOV.

i'm also struggling to figure out what album they have a 10th anniversary of, as this is when my interest in Indie started tapering off.

That National? The 1975? AM? I can't see it being Arcade Fire so soon after we canceled Win.

3 separate albums and the Storf has indicated the 10th Anniversary store drop is definitely not the National.

Three separate DCFC albums. I'd be excited for We Have the Facts, but it's probably just Plans, Narrow Stairs, and Codes and Keys.

My guess for the indie album is Wakin On A Pretty Daze. Probably a colour variant of this.

new lacquers DCFC is existing plates on the exclusives; the band--and more specifically, Chris Walla--is very happy with how they sound and didn't want any changes on those albums

Never checked out DCFC...thoughts?
They are a good early to mid 00s rock band. Did you spend any time with Postal Service? If you enjoy that but with more guitars then you will probably dig Death Cab. I enjoyer their earlier stuff a bit more than their later albums but there is good music throughout. Ben Gibbard and Chris Walla compliment each other quite nicely.

Never checked out DCFC...thoughts?

Twee Indie Pop w/ a touch of Emo. They're worth a stream or two. You've probably heard their single I Will Follow You Into the Dark as it was ubiquitous on TV dramas for a while. Transatlanticism or We Have the Facts... are my favourites, but all their albums start to sounds alike after a while, so I can't imagine needing all three exclusives and the upcoming RotM, unless you're a super fan.

Got to get the bundle even though I have the clear Bandbox pressing of Plans.

Last edited:
Oh, so this is the 10th anniversary album eh?
I don't know why, but I was expecting something a little...more.

I also have come to the conclusion that the two DCFC albums I have are about as many as I actually need.

Planning on signing back up for next month, but good to know I didn't need to join a bit early for this drop.

I also have come to the conclusion that the two DCFC albums I have are about as many as I actually need.

Planning on signing back up for next month, but good to know I didn't need to join a bit early for this drop.

So was I. Storf always trying to pump up everything, could have just let us know that most of us would be disappointed. Bandbox did an exclusive of this as well recently and so did her Bandcamp store. Plenty of great 2013 albums but this wouldn't be at the top of my list.

If they really want to nail a "10th anniversary", Pusha T is sitting right there.

Hell, Danny Brown also says hello.

Both of those would be insane gets. I don't think I've even heard a rumor both are being released this year. The latter isn't even for selfish reasons, I picked up an OG copy for $45 two weeks ago used.

I think I'm with you - I like Death Cab and own Plans and Transatlanticism but don't think I need any more beyond that.

So was I. Storf always trying to pump up everything, could have just let us know that most of us would be disappointed. Bandbox did an exclusive of this as well recently and so did her Bandcamp store. Plenty of great 2013 albums but this wouldn't be at the top of my list.
Love Waxahatchee and this record so If people wanna buy this I wholly recommend they do but also, you can get a plain old black non-tenth anniversary pressing for like $16 right now. Not sure it’s ever been unavailable at any point over the past 10 years, tbh.

Back