Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This reminds me, did anyone on a three month who has hit a second renewal automatically get the code? I got an email the other day saying I would get a code, but I did not...

Last edited:
Also:
Hi Glenn,

We understand Mother's Day can be a sensitive time for some of us, so we'd love to give you the opportunity to opt out of our Mother's Day emails by clicking here. Don’t worry; you'll still receive our regular emails, and we'll still keep you updated on all the cool things we're cooking up here at VMP.

Warmly,

Team VMP
Who else is willing to bet this results in people ONLY GETTING MOTHER'S DAY STUFF when they opt out?

Also:

Who else is willing to bet this results in people ONLY GETTING MOTHER'S DAY STUFF when they opt out?

Yeah quite a few companies have sent me this recently.

We don’t want to trigger you with a slew of Mother’s Day adverts in case that day is sensitive to you so instead we’ll trigger you with a load of reminders about how sensitive we are to you being triggered by it.

This kind of nonsense is part of why I hate the world right now. 🤦🏻

Last edited:

We don’t want to trigger you with a slew of Mother’s Day adverts in case that day is sensitive to you so instead we’ll trigger you with a load of reminders about how sensitive we are to you being triggered by it.

Actually, every day is sensitive to me because it hurts to have to pay $45 for a single LP pressed at GZ. So I would like VMP to stop promoting those records and instead give me a 50% discount on all their catalog. I am sure my mother would appreciate too.

Actually, every day is sensitive to me because it hurts to have to pay $45 for a single LP pressed at GZ. So I would like VMP to stop promoting those records and instead give me a 50% discount on all their catalog. I am sure my mother would appreciate too.

About promoting, if you guys haven't received a couple dozens email by now, be informed it's Bandcamp Friday.

I'm sure it was in response to multiple emails along the lines of "HOW VERY DARE YOU?"

I'm conflicted about the whole thing. Mother's day was very difficult for my wife until my first born started celebrating it for her. My wife's mother died of brain cancer when she was in high school and very much changed everything that happened after. Now that she is a mother of her own child (not a step child), she is especially embracing it.

I'm not sure corporate america needs to take responsibility for not triggering folks (edit: well given the following, they could offer better benefits). Mental Health is still very taboo here and also really fucked up (see some of my posts elsewhere) so its not like these folks have the right avenues to really talk about it. I think sending out a possibly triggering email about being triggered is stupid, but there is a line here that some folks may want to walk. I'm not sure what kind of solution there really is for it - a form when you subscribe to a email newsletter (do the following things trigger you?) but there is a bit of well I get where they are coming from anyhow. But I also get your point.

I'm sure it was in response to multiple emails along the lines of "HOW VERY DARE YOU?"

I'm conflicted about the whole thing. Mother's day was very difficult for my wife until my first born started celebrating it for her. My wife's mother died of brain cancer when she was in high school and very much changed everything that happened after. Now that she is a mother of her own child (not a step child), she is especially embracing it.

I'm not sure corporate america needs to take responsibility for not triggering folks (edit: well given the following, they could offer better benefits). Mental Health is still very taboo here and also really fucked up (see some of my posts elsewhere) so its not like these folks have the right avenues to really talk about it. I think sending out a possibly triggering email about being triggered is stupid, but there is a line here that some folks may want to walk. I'm not sure what kind of solution there really is for it - a form when you subscribe to a email newsletter (do the following things trigger you?) but there is a bit of well I get where they are coming from anyhow. But I also get your point.

I suppose the line is just reign it all in a little bit on the whole selling the same shit to us every day in a slightly different way.

The day itself can be triggering for sure, I know that from personal experience, but it is also one that, with your mother no longer there, can pretty easily slip by too. This feels very much to me like corporate speak for, we care (but actually don’t), buy shit off us because we care (even though we actually don’t).

I suppose the line is just reign it all in a little bit on the whole selling the same shit to us every day in a slightly different way.

The day itself can be triggering for sure, I know that from personal experience, but it is also one that, with your mother no longer there, can pretty easily slip by too. This feels very much to me like corporate speak for, we care (but actually don’t), buy shit off us because we care (even though we actually don’t).
I mean they’re asking you if it bothers you enough to not want to buy shit in that day….

I mean they’re asking you if it bothers you enough to not want to buy shit in that day….

Reading between the lines. It a play at being “responsible sellers” in the least effort possible way.

The day exists. It’s nice to celebrate mums even though it’s all bit hallmark holiday these days. It’s going to trigger some people. Loosing your mum at any time, but particularly way before their time, is shit.

Perhaps the way to show you care is to dedicate the day to a women’s health charity to help all current mums going forward. Highlight it to your customer base and solicit donations. Maybe even stick in 1% or 2% of sales during the week to said charity.

Reading between the lines. It a play at being “responsible sellers” in the least effort possible way.

The day exists. It’s nice to celebrate mums even though it’s all bit hallmark holiday these days. It’s going to trigger some people. Loosing your mum at any time, but particularly way before their time, is shit.

Perhaps the way to show you care is to dedicate the day to a women’s health charity to help all current mums going forward. Highlight it to your customer base and solicit donations. Maybe even stick in 1% or 2% of sales during the week to said charity.
I mean, i don’t think Vmp is that sly…

I actually appreciate not getting the Mothers Day crap. I wish more retailers did that. Now if they could cut out that Arbour Day crap, that is really triggering.

Feels like the easiest thing would be to have granular holiday opt-outs in the email contact settings. Just direct folks there and be done with it.

Back