Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Another VMP question - what was the last ROTM to sell out, and how quickly? Like if I swap out Interpol will it still be around next month? Pretty sure the answer is yes, I just have been out of the VMP game for a while and am curious.

ATCQ low end theory is the most recent ROTM that is "waitlist me". boogaloo, uzi, lightnin' hopkins, rza, freddie king all waitlisted

ATCQ low end theory is the most recent ROTM that is "waitlist me". boogaloo, uzi, lightnin' hopkins, rza, freddie king all waitlisted
Dammit. You could rejoin with ATCQ as late as Monday afternoon. I was going to do that today and then add Interpol.

lightnin is in swaps though so i think it's a fake "waitlist me".

well i'm already logged in, so maybe they do still have it for new sign-ups -- they do shit like that all the time, where you can't get something except as a new sign up
No, I am signed in but it is listed as Waitlist Me. I have not been an active member for awhile.

Edit: just signed out and still listed as Waitlist Me. Booo!

Dumb question but how does this pressing sound? I know it's a 'lesser' Bill Withers album but is it worth owning? I have his first two albums plus Carnegie Hall and Greatest Hits already...

The pressing is stellar and I personally like the album a whole lot more than Still Bill. I put it right up there alongside Just As I Am.

Kept Interpol, swapped Brad Paisley for Waylon Jennings 🤷🏼‍♂️
Man, I was unfamiliar with the paisley album. Some of his stuff have been decent in a mainstream country kind of way but the video they link to…yikes. That was some garbage sadder still is he somehow managed to wrangle a good chunk of the Seinfeld cast to star in it. Jason Alexander has to have enough money to avoid doing something like that.

Last edited:
Man, I was unfamiliar with the paisley album. Some of his stuff have been decent in a mainstream country kind of way but the video they link to…yikes. That was some garbage sadder still is he somehow managed to wrangle a good chunk of the Seinfeld cast to star in it. Jason Alexander has to have enough money to avoid doing something like that.

Those lyrics are uh….somethin else.

Since my tastes in country music are much more limited, I didn’t even try Paisley. I went by (what I remember was) your recommendation for the Jennings record. I do like outlaw country, so should fit the bill nicely.

Yeah, Those lyrics aged like day old sushi.
Even on a slow day, I can have a three way
Chat with two women at one time
I'm so much cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
Hey, I'm so much cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
(Yeah he's cooler online)
Hey, I'm cooler online
(oh, yeah he's cooler online)
yeah, I'm sitting online
(Yeah he's cooler, yeah)
Oh yeah

Yeah I'm cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
Hey, I'm cooler online
yeah, I'm sitting online
(Yeah he's cooler, yeah)
Oh yeah
🤮🤮🤮

Yeah I previewed the first three songs and couldn’t believe how awful it was. And I skipped Ticks, because that’s already one of the dumber songs I’ve ever heard. I’ve been keeping an open mind on some of the mainstream country stuff in the track, but woof.

Yeah I'm cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
Hey, I'm cooler online
yeah, I'm sitting online
(Yeah he's cooler, yeah)
Oh yeah
I have two responses for this.

un: It's like he's channelling @Mather

vs

dos: It's more political than you remember

Yeah I'm cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
Hey, I'm cooler online
yeah, I'm sitting online
(Yeah he's cooler, yeah)
Oh yeah
The lyrics for I’m Still a Guy are even worse. Once I got to that song I stopped. Knew that this album was NOT for me.

Since my tastes in country music are much more limited, I didn’t even try Paisley. I went by (what I remember was) your recommendation for the Jennings record. I do like outlaw country, so should fit the bill nicely.
Yeah The Waylon record is fantastic. It's an excellent selection regardless but this Paisley record is really not great.

Yeah I'm cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
Hey, I'm cooler online
yeah, I'm sitting online
(Yeah he's cooler, yeah)