Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

they gave this exclusive a video and everything (and i dunno if its limited so no real FOMO). but it almost feels like this would have been a planned classics released they just weren't allowed to do

they gave this exclusive a video and everything (and i dunno if its limited so no real FOMO). but it almost feels like this would have been a planned classics released they just weren't allowed to do
All the mock-ups and marketing shots make it feel like a classics release, but I really don’t think they could put a new release in classics, even if with this one’s history. Maybe it would’ve been better as a Stax anthology bonus.

Dammit... after 7 years canceled last fall but they sucked me back in with the offer. Signed up for a year to make it worth it the $ and started with Sigur Ros.

Patsy and Willie are on my radar for future picks. What else has sounded excellent or been a nice surprise this past year?
the Aretha Franklin - Spirit in the Dark store exclusive is really excellent.

For real, that Aretha record is a joyous celebration! It is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
VMP really got me on an Aretha kick once they started doing some of her albums. The VMP albums are all great. So is the Rhino reissue of Young Gifted and Black and the Atlantic Singles collection that Kevin Gray cut if you want some more affordable Aretha reissues.

VMP really got me on an Aretha kick once they started doing some of her albums. The VMP albums are all great. So is the Rhino reissue of Young Gifted and Black and the Atlantic Singles collection that Kevin Gray cut if you want some more affordable Aretha reissues.

Not a record, obviously, but if you dig Aretha and haven’t seen the Aretha documentary “Amazing Grace,” I highly recommend it. I was lucky to see it on the big screen at our best local art house theater, which also has good sound.

i have a few of the broken out LPs from the box set (which I think may have been repressed recently) so I never bought the full box set.

Yeah I have Aretha Arrives and Lady Soul from the represses. They’re great. Soul 69 badly needs a proper solo reissue. It and This Girls In Love With You are my two biggest remaining Aretha wants.

All the mock-ups and marketing shots make it feel like a classics release, but I really don’t think they could put a new release in classics, even if with this one’s history. Maybe it would’ve been better as a Stax anthology bonus.
I would have been intrigued to be honest if this was a Classics pick. As a store exclusive, not as much. It's weird I know. I'll need to listen when its released and see, as I do suffer from too-much-itis in my collection.

Back