Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I think the conversation would be like:
"hey why do you have a non-retractable blade just laying on your turntable like that?"
"so it came with a sheath but they advised you via their marketing not to use it?"
"you paid how much for this???"
wife: why is our toddler bleeding?
me: he cut himself with my new $80 record opener that I use to open my $35 records
wife: ::stabs me in the throat WITH INTENTION::

I started typing a reply and then I felt too dirty so I just had to delete it and now I’m not sure why I’m typing this but I am so here we are…

Ah fuck it, I have no shame. Maybe something like.

There’s nothing like the feeling of cold hard steel in your hand as you propel it’s razor sharp edge through the thin barrier separating you from intense aural pleasure…

Yeah I feel dirty now.

47E2DF7E-C160-45F9-8A92-191AA559F42A.gif
You guys see this awesome new specialized tool designed to safely open vinyls without damaging them?! No more using my teeth! and it’s a steal at only $80! I guess they are calling this tool a “knife” seems pretty revolutionary if ya ask me.

Seriously though, as a guy that has an affinity for pocket knives (I just got a custom Buck 110 over the weekend, it’s a beaut). I am not offended by an $80 knife. I am offended by a poorly designed, supremely overpriced novelty knife. I would not buy records from a knife company why on earth would anybody buy a knife from a company that makes records?

the knife is also from some boutique overpriced knife company.. seeing as this is their swiss army knife

surprisingly this is their cheapest knife i think

Well, on the plus side, I've now shared this with several people I know and it has provided a lot of entertainment.

I didn't even realize there was a video at first.

But there IS a video.

A professionally made video of people opening boxes and records with an $80 box cutter.

A PROFESSIONALLY MADE VIDEO OF PEOPLE OPENING BOXES AND RECORDS WITH AN $80 BOX CUTTER.
What's truly ironic is, if you watch their Zamrock Anthology Boxset video, they open the packaging with just a regular-ass knife. Missed opportunity VMP!

What's truly ironic is, if you watch their Zamrock Anthology Boxset video, they open the packaging with just a regular-ass knife. Missed opportunity VMP!

To be fair, their crack team of engineers and designers were still perfecting the technology when that video was taken.
CD4D3013-B76F-4D0B-A104-735A95FB2D77.gif

the knife is also from some boutique overpriced knife company.. seeing as this is their swiss army knife

surprisingly this is their cheapest knife i think
Is there much overlap between boutique knife enthusiasts and record collectors? Seems like VMP should have figured that out early on.

Well, on the plus side, I've now shared this with several people I know and it has provided a lot of entertainment.

I didn't even realize there was a video at first.

But there IS a video.

A professionally made video of people opening boxes and records with an $80 box cutter.

A PROFESSIONALLY MADE VIDEO OF PEOPLE OPENING BOXES AND RECORDS WITH AN $80 BOX CUTTER.

Managed to see at least 1 warped record.

Back