Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Quickly becoming one of my favorite labels especially with the price rises at AP. I do wish I hadn't missed out on some of their earlier releases--the early catalogue was pretty awesome! But their A&R is pretty great and prices and quality are nice.
What's a good online source for Speakers Corner pressings? I thought they were a UK label so they all need to be imported into the US (but I know very little about the label, so likely wrong).

What's a good online source for Speakers Corner pressings? I thought they were a UK label so they all need to be imported into the US (but I know very little about the label, so likely wrong).
It’s a German label I believe. jpc.de gets the best selection, they also get restocks most often. If you order more than 1 album, it’s cheaper than buying any imported even with shipping. I want to say 1LPs are about $30 shipped? And price goes down with ordering more since you combine shipping. Nearly everywhere else in the US you’re paying $35 each + shipping.

If you want US stores, AS, Plaidroom, In Groove, 10000hz and others all carry them.

this is what i seriously dont get about vmp. this is a total cash grab for collectors that go to record stores and buy old engleberg humperdink records thinking theyre collectible and not realize its a fifty cent record. ive literally seen this peanuts record in those bins. so they "remaster" a shittily recording lp and put some holiday cheer into for 50 bucks but cant repress a slew of amazing records we the fans have clamored for instead? smfh.

if anyone here buys that record youre dead to me. at least for the holidays. i hope i see it in their discount bin for 5 bucks years from now and still there ten years later.

If you'd like a ridiculously priced variant of A Charlie Brown Christmas, VMP has got you fam.

If you'd like a ridiculously priced variant of A Charlie Brown Christmas, VMP has got you fam.

Is this the first time they've done a new pressing of a previous VMP Exclusive? I have a red VMP variant of A Charlie Brown Christmas that I think came out in 2019.

I'm actually OK if they do more of this. It's the only way I can ever hope to get a Madlib's Flight To Brazil on wax.

Is this the first time they've done a new pressing of a previous VMP Exclusive? I have a red VMP variant of A Charlie Brown Christmas that I think came out in 2019.

I'm actually OK if they do more of this. It's the only way I can ever hope to get a Madlib's Flight To Brazil on wax.
Nope they seem to do it every year in a different color variant 🤷‍♂️

But will it actually arrive before Christmas?

Nope they seem to do it every year in a different color variant 🤷‍♂️
Nope this was only pressed once in the past and is likely the same "audiophile" mastering as before

Probs a good time to start unloading vmp records if they're starting to reissue store exclusives

Nope this was only pressed once in the past and is likely the same "audiophile" mastering as before

Probs a good time to start unloading vmp records if they're starting to reissue store exclusives
Only seasonal stuff I believe.

Last time they pressed it, it sure didn’t. I remember my wife and I received it the day we were taking our Christmas decorations down lol.
That was the year they switched over to the new store system right before Black Friday and just fucked all holiday shipping for the next two months.

Back