Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I actually have the Newbury press of this one from a few years back, I'm not sure if this is from the same plates or not but it sounds REALLY good. But again, no idea if this is the same basic release...
Yeah, the black repress I have from like 10 years ago was pressed at RTI and sounds great too.

Ya gotta love when you can find a good indie rock album that was cut and pressed well and is still readily available for around $15.

CDs forever. I have ~1600+ CDs and only ~600 records. I mostly buy on vinyl at this point, but I probably listen to as many CDs as vinyl at home. When I go to music shops in the city (hopefully, I can do that again at some point soon) my music purchases are always expensive audiophile records and dollar bin used CDs. Best value pick ups at garage sales / pawn shops too (just make sure they're not scratched).

I'm actually thinking of selling off some of my vinyl that will forever be remembered as CDs for me. (Ready to Die, Odelay, The Score, Pinkerton, etc.)
That’s the way I feel about lots of late 80s/90s/00s releases. They were conceived as CDs so the vinyl format can feel artificial.

CDs forever. I have ~1600+ CDs and only ~600 records. I mostly buy on vinyl at this point, but I probably listen to as many CDs as vinyl at home. When I go to music shops in the city (hopefully, I can do that again at some point soon) my music purchases are always expensive audiophile records and dollar bin used CDs. Best value pick ups at garage sales / pawn shops too (just make sure they're not scratched).

I'm actually thinking of selling off some of my vinyl that will forever be remembered as CDs for me. (Ready to Die, Odelay, The Score, Pinkerton, etc.)
Here in Knoxville we have this really surreal book store/used cd-video game/ lego / you name it Fellini store called McKay Used books (and weird shit) store. I would guestimate CDs around 10k in selection. I think I am going to go this route for a while.

So VMP updated their orders page. I almost panicked when I didn't see "Promises" showing up but then I realized I had to expand the filter beyond 3 months. Otherwise it's a welcome change. Definitely easier to see where things are at.

A couple of shipping estimates have also changed:

- Immanuel Wilkins is now in stock (was previously mid-June, and was mid-May before that)
- Crumb is now in stock (was previously mid-June)

A couple of shipping estimates have also changed:

- Immanuel Wilkins is now in stock (was previously mid-June, and was mid-May before that)
- Crumb is now in stock (was previously mid-June)
Promises is still mid June :( Happy for you that those are in stock though as they're both showing up in stores.

Filters on the order page are still a bit wonky as I believe there's an issue where you try to apply multiple filters btw.

Hope you don't want a signed copy direct from the source. Expensive but not as bad as some of their titles. That Dead Boys this week was the one that was overpriced.
Got this one 4 years ago, it increased a lot since then

Here's a $20 pre-order copy:
JPR068_vinyl_Jackpot.png

Last edited:
Hope you don't want a signed copy direct from the source. Expensive but not as bad as some of their titles. That Dead Boys this week was the one that was overpriced.

$58 for a signature? Wow.

And I agree, the $15 VMP markup on Dead Boys seems excessive.

Honestly, I don't begrudge Rateliff (as a working musician) or VMP (as a medium-sized business) if that's what the market can bear, I just can't support that price. Especially for a live album I'll likely stream twice and never listen to again. $45 for a live album seems like something aimed at fans more ardent than I. So be it.

vincent_neil_emerson_vinyl_store23425_1024x.jpg

I see that VNE has sold out in the store, good for him.

One of the Grateful Dead sets that most Grateful Dead fans already have?

I'm not a grateful dead fan and was going to purchase one of those sets as an introduction, but they both sold out super quick.

I wouldn't be disappointed if it was that, but by the time I figure out if it's one I want it'll be sold again. I wouldn't have thought that 'extra-special' would describe yet another dead release, but that might just be me.

Back