Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I really like St. Vincent and had fun seeing her live but she does kind of seem like she lets the musicality take the back seat to her performance art thing. It’s interesting to watch but she’s so so so tightly controlled that sometimes it feels overly processed choppy and unnatural in a way that puts me on edge. Definitely not a relaxing artist to listen to.

Then, again, there are so many musicians that are doing a more natural folksy americana thing right now that her music can be kind of refreshingly different. I just have to be in the mood for it - it’s cool within a very specific context.
I loved the last revision of St. Vincent, but I'm not really digging this current one.

I loved the last revision of St. Vincent, but I'm not really digging this current one.
I actually love the two singles off St Vincent’s upcoming album so far! The first single - Pay Your Pain Away - is such a demented sexy song; I love St Vincent’s sweaty, dirty, semi Betty Davis vocals and love the quirky Prince like production! It’s got that Janelle Monae rockstar energy! Pay Your Way in Pain also sounds very dizzying and trapped; the vocals sounding very close to the mic and the fuzzy production produce this immersive/trippy effect! This is easily one of my favourite St Vincent songs! 🎯

Her second single - The Melting Of The Sun - is an absolutely beautiful song that has a hazy, layered, psychedelic sound to it! I can hear Stevie Wonder and Prince influences in it and I think St Vincent’s mellow, blurred, slow-burning calm vocals add a lot to that pretty 70’s instrumental! I love the track and love the direction St Vincent is going! It feels more organic to me compared to her last few albums and I love that 70’s glam/funk/soul production we’re getting so far!! ✅

I’m very excited for Daddy’s Home and I think we’re in for St Vincent’s sexiest album yet! 😍😈💋

I actually love the two singles off St Vincent’s upcoming album so far! The first single - Pay Your Pain Away - is such a demented sexy song; I love St Vincent’s sweaty, dirty, semi Betty Davis vocals and love the quirky Prince like production! It’s got that Janelle Monae rockstar energy! Pay Your Way in Pain also sounds very dizzying and trapped; the vocals sounding very close to the mic and the fuzzy production produce this immersive/trippy effect! This is easily one of my favourite St Vincent songs! 🎯

Her second single - The Melting Of The Sun - is an absolutely beautiful song that has a hazy, layered, psychedelic sound to it! I can hear Stevie Wonder and Prince influences in it and I think St Vincent’s mellow, blurred, slow-burning calm vocals add a lot to that pretty 70’s instrumental! I love the track and love the direction St Vincent is going! It feels more organic to me compared to her last few albums and I love that 70’s glam/funk/soul production we’re getting so far!! ✅

I’m very excited for Daddy’s Home and I think we’re in for St Vincent’s sexiest album yet! 😍😈💋
I've not been able to really get into her much through the years, myself, but I do absolutely love Pay Your Way In Pain!

I've not been able to really get into her much through the years, myself, but I do absolutely love Pay Your Way In Pain!
It’s such an extraordinary banger! The vocals and production are layered and the song overall is quite alternative and quirky, but you can hear the strong 70’s funk/Prince influence! Pay Your Way In Pain sees St Vincent letting her guard down in a really good way! I’m looking super forward to hearing the rest of the album!

Seems to be some confusion surrounding a Saba repress.

7m
Just a heads up- Messaged VMP CS and they confirmed that there will not be a Saba drop today after originally confirming there would be one.

When I asked if it was coming to the VMP store at all, I was told that my best chance of getting it would be through Saba’s site because the details of the pressing are “pretty vague” to VMP.

VMP was shady and misleading in their communication around something? WEIRD
It's such a weird disconnect too. First they confirm and then say it's not going to happen? I'd almost be willing to bet it shows up despite all that. What's happening with April represses anyway? Almost a week in and not a peep.

It's such a weird disconnect too. First they confirm and then say it's not going to happen? I'd almost be willing to bet it shows up despite all that. What's happening with April represses anyway? Almost a week in and not a peep.
I chatted in for shits to see what they'd say:

vmpchat.jpg

Not dropped “today” still sounds like it’s coming from VMP. They might be letting Saba get first dibs to avoid competing with him.

Back