Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Nice! I was wonder how it translates on the colored pressings. I am not a huge fan of clear vinyl but I think the Record Store Variant does an amazing job showing off the etching...
View attachment 93218
PXL_20210326_004233079.jpg

Harder to take a picture of for sure on the opaque ones but definitely easier to see in person than some of my etchings.

Classic VMP move: they're going to repress a bunch of highly wanted albums over April, but to be "first to know" you have to sign up for their SMS service, which is only available in the US. Screw you if you actually give them money and live in another country.

Was hoping to pick up De La Soul and Method Man (at the very least) but I'm guessing by time I'm alerted to the fact that they've dropped they will likely be sold out.

VMP...I really want to like you...
7KcZFc.gif

Last edited:
Classic VMP move: they're going to repress a bunch of highly wanted albums over April, but to be "first to know" you have to sign up for their SMS service, which is only available in the US. Screw you if you actually give them money and live in another country.

Was hoping to pick up De La Soul and Method Man (at the very least) but I'm guessing by time I'm alerted to the fact that they've dropped they will likely be sold out.

VMP...I really want to like you...
View attachment 93270

Are you just speculating or did they actually say they'd be doing this?

They have posted that OOP AOTMs will be made available throughout April. The notification for the store drops is by SMS.

Ugh. I didn't want to sign up for SMS because I just know it'll turn into a regular spam marketing text service bugging me with dumb shit several times a week. I guess I could deal with it for a month...

Also dreading these drops, because they'll all be something like $34 for a single record/$40 for a double LP. Maybe I will just swap for credit on this month's ROTMs in anticipation for something like Method Man.

I wonder if they'll dive deep into their back catalogue and do old reissues for things like Rage Against the Machine or Madvillain. Probably not.

Ugh. I didn't want to sign up for SMS because I just know it'll turn into a regular spam marketing text service bugging me with dumb shit several times a week. I guess I could deal with it for a month...

Also dreading these drops, because they'll all be something like $34 for a single record/$40 for a double LP. Maybe I will just swap for credit on this month's ROTMs in anticipation for something like Method Man.

I wonder if they'll dive deep into their back catalogue and do old reissues for things like Rage Against the Machine or Madvillain. Probably not.
Rage was an exclusive, not an AOTM. I'd fully expect it to be the newer prices, so 34/40 for members and 39/47 for non-members.

I am not convinced that these are going to be a large number of VMP grails. My guess is that you are more likely to see stuff like Stooges and the Flaming Lips, than stuff like Care for Me or that's a number of years old.
They've said before that they are going to repress De La Soul, and that I consider a grail. If they're going to do it, I imagine it's at this time.

Rage was an exclusive, not an AOTM. I'd fully expect it to be the newer prices, so 34/40 for members and 39/47 for non-members.
I'm trying to recall what titles Storf/VMP previously said they'd be doing represses on... I think they said Beck's Odelay was coming a while back, and Storf heavily implied to me on Twitter that a PUTS restock would eventually happen. I think De La Soul as well? I wouldn't be surprised if Demon Days or Notorious BIG come back, since those always sell. Oh, and I know Saba is planning some kind of announcement in April, so maybe a Care for Me repress is part of that.

For me anyways, the stuff I still want that I can think of off the top of my head are Muddy Waters (Classics, not RHH), Method Man, Saba, Madvillain, Quasimoto's The Unseen, and People Under the Stairs. I wouldn't be surprised if none of those happen, though.

I'm trying to recall what titles Storf/VMP previously said they'd be doing represses on... I think they said Beck's Odelay was coming a while back, and Storf heavily implied to me on Twitter that a PUTS restock would eventually happen. I think De La Soul as well? I wouldn't be surprised if Demon Days or Notorious BIG come back, since those always sell. Oh, and I know Saba is planning some kind of announcement in April, so maybe a Care for Me repress is part of that.

For me anyways, the stuff I still want that I can think of off the top of my head are Muddy Waters (Classics, not RHH), Method Man, Saba, Madvillain, Quasimoto's The Unseen, and People Under the Stairs. I wouldn't be surprised if none of those happen, though.
Are you set on the VMP PUTS? There may be the black available elsewhere and other than a stencil and colored vinyl it's pretty great.

Right, I remember the De La Soul announcement, I'd anticipate that's the biggest repress. Wouldn't be surprised with Odelay, Demon Days, or Big. I'd expect some of the ROTMs from the past 2 years that have been sold out as well, since that would match the repress window.

Are you set on the VMP PUTS? There may be the black available elsewhere and other than a stencil and colored vinyl it's pretty great.
I'm kind of on the fence about it. I'm a sucker for fancy special editions so I'd probably only want the VMP version... but also I wouldn't want to drop $40 on it either. If it comes back and makes it to swaps -- even on a limited basis like Goodie Mob did yesterday -- I'll probably grab it then. But otherwise probably not.

idk I'm kind of conflicted about everything, plus me being pretty meh on most of the April ROTM offerings complicates things further. Should I... should I swap Willie Nelson for credit, knowing full well I'll probably never have a chance to get him back?

I'm kind of on the fence about it. I'm a sucker for fancy special editions so I'd probably only want the VMP version... but also I wouldn't want to drop $40 on it either. If it comes back and makes it to swaps -- even on a limited basis like Goodie Mob did yesterday -- I'll probably grab it then. But otherwise probably not.

idk I'm kind of conflicted about everything, plus me being pretty meh on most of the April ROTM offerings complicates things further. Should I... should I swap Willie Nelson for credit, knowing full well I'll probably never have a chance to get him back?
Do you want the Willie Nelson? I think that's the real question. If you want it, I'd keep it. If you're only getting it for FOMO reasons, I'd let it go.

That album has been high on my wishlist for a long while, but I get it's not for everyone.

I managed to grab the Goodie Mob, but waited a whole five minutes deciding whether to swap classics for JLH and it was sold out. :(

I did a quick search trying to find the PUTS for you, but it looks like it's sold out in a lot of places, so maybe VMP IS your best option here.

I'm the same though, these three months are pretty middle of the pack for me and I've swapped RHH for Tidal and Essentials for Goodie Mob. I'll probably grab next month's classics but switch down to a monthly sub and cancel after that and wait for another decent month. The SMS decision kind of stings, and I'm trying to get Pauly to explain it.

If you are even remotely interested in Willie, I'd probably grab it if I were you. If you get it and aren't feeling it then maybe put it on discogs.

Would someone give me a shout if Otis/War on Drugs reappears. I still get member pricing postage in store so will swallow my pride for a one off buy, my attempts to get an Otis OG ended with it lost in the post 😒

Back