Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wow that is crazy! I thought she was pretty niche.....I guess not!
Well if it was available to non-members, then I'm sure a bunch of sales went to non-VMP members since it was posted on the vinylreleases subreddit. It probably was though since there is no longer any benefit for store drops aside from a slightly lower price point. VMP took a lot of shit the last time they did that, but the sales were there so I'm sure they're in no real hurry to fix that.

I didn’t even have to show her Kala to already know my wife would HAAAATE having to listen to that if I ever put it on. That and the fact I haven’t listened to it much in the past decade make it easy to pass on it for now.

I think it’s a good pick for Essentials, but I’m happy to be able to swap for Leon Ware. I’ve been kind of regretting not getting it last month.

A count... Not an ACCOUNT
Ohhhhh shit my bad!!! 😂🙊

I can’t do stock counts on ROTM’s @bdrummond ! I can only check the stock on store exclusives! If I was to recommend a record between Fiona Apple’s Tidal and M.I.A.‘a Kala however, I’d recommend Kala! M.I.A.‘a Kala is a masterpiece and is such a diverse, bold, energetic, colourful album! 💎

I missed out on the MAYA exclusive but I am so grateful to have gotten a copy of M.I.A.‘a Arular; especially as I slept at my parents last night, woke up at 4am for work, and used my Dad’s credit card to buy the exclusive (as I don’t have any money in my account). I get paid tonight so can transfer my Dad, but boy am I so happy to have grabbed a VMP exclusive copy for Arular!!! It’s a classic album and the colour variant for it is spot on!!! 🎯🎯🎯

Cannot wait to have the VMP editions for M.I.A.‘a Arular and Kala in hand! It’s going to be the best! I hope I receive them in the same box so I can spin them back to back! 😁

Ohhhhh shit my bad!!! 😂🙊

I can’t do stock counts on ROTM’s @bdrummond ! I can only check the stock on store exclusives! If I was to recommend a record between Fiona Apple’s Tidal and M.I.A.‘a Kala however, I’d recommend Kala! M.I.A.‘a Kala is a masterpiece and is such a diverse, bold, energetic, colourful album! 💎
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Kala so trying to swap for Tidal.

Last edited:
It finally happened..his retirement is all gone 🥲
My retirement fund went ages ago but I’m living week to week at the moment because I’m renting now and constantly dine out. I’m going to be managing my money better in the future though! I’ve been barely buying vinyl too, because it’s so expensive living outside of home! 😭 It is good fun though, especially as my housemate is really sweet and the constant great food is a blessing! 🙏

I’ve got around $2,000 in my retirement fund now and I wish I could just take it out to put aside for my rent so then I have more flexibility to splurge on vinyl and clothes and doing a road trip to Sydney etc

i didn't buy it it sold out too fast
Dang! Knew you would’ve loved MAYA because it’s such a left-field, distorted, wild, industrial, volatile, explosive album......and it’s a mosh pit album too 😈💥🤘!

Good thing that normal copies of the album are cheap, and the pressing for it sounds great! Still, wish I got the VMP variant though as it looks great and I love MAYA so much! I prefer Arular though, so I’m really, really happy I managed to get an exclusive copy of it! ♥️

Glad folks are excited about MIA. Don't personally get it outside of Paper Planes. Wallet could use a smaller month anyways.
I am in the same boat. I am actually bummed this is #100 ROTM actually. First essentials swap for me in many moons. Shit...this guy (me) even kept John Meyer for the wife. I tried several of MIA's albums the last two weeks and nothing clicks.

Arular is $35 shipped free on eBay, no fancy colors, but I'd rather not give VMP the affirmation that $47 is OK for a new release.
I'm with you, but it's over unfortunately. They've sold both albums in no time, and they'll be okay doing it the next time they get a decent store drop. FOMO is a strong motivator to pay way too much money for things, especially vinyl. It just takes one look at /r/vinylreleases/ and /r/vinylmeplease/ to know this is a losing battle.

Back