Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah VMP was saying they may have Fashion Nugget in the works but who knows. I have the boxset (had 2 and sold 1 to a local store at the time for basically cost) but it's an example of things not being guaranteed to be repressed.

Cake box came out on RSD. A couple weeks later Cake had an open order on their website for people to order the box set.

So they did do a second run of them.

Cake box came out on RSD. A couple weeks later Cake had an open order on their website for people to order the box set.

So they did do a second run of them.

Was it a second run or just more initially pressed beyond RSD numbers. I always considered them the same pressing.

Was it a second run or just more initially pressed beyond RSD numbers. I always considered them the same pressing.

They took orders for a period of time. In the email they sent our to list they said everyone would be able to get one. It took a good while for them to dispatch since they had them made up as opposed to excess in a warehouse.

Is anyone else still waiting for their Sonny Sharrock? Mine hasn’t even shipped yet.
I’m still waiting on my copy to ship! I emailed customer service and this is what they told me earlier this week:

“Hey Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out! Ask the Ages will be headed out later this month as we only received a small amount of our inventory. Our team is quickly assembling the rest of the discs with their new jackets and you will be notified via email once your copy ships out to you along with the tracking information as well.

Apologies for the delay and feel free to reach back out should you need anything else :)

So, late this February, your Sonny Sharrock should be shipping! I cannot wait for them to ship mine and for me to spin this masterpiece!!! 😍

Yeah I think that is the biggest complaint of it, that the majors are flooding the market with overpriced curios that no one needs. It’d be nice to see it be as much about pressing actual albums and independent labels. In the modern age of high innner city rents and competing with Amazon etc the revenue has go to help!
Agree, but the thing is - they sell, and they get people to line up outside record stores. There is a strong market for that stuff, unfortunately, most is not for me or my demographic. For my favorite local store, it is a huge money maker. They need it.

Having said that, there is a bunch of stuff on RSD that I have bought. There are duds I have picked up - the Resonance Rollins and Bill Evans last year really are not at all worth the massive overpricing, but the Miles Davis, Davy Graham, Dead, Ron Carter, George Coleman, Magnum, Gaston and a bunch of others made it worthwhile, and most would not have come out if not for RSD.

Not sure if anyone saw on twitter (or cares) but Amileah has been been promoted to Head of Editorial and Storf is now Classics and Country Director as well as producing Anthology.

Good news for folks that don't like Storf's writing as much. Bad news for those that don't like his curation or Anthology podcasts.

Good news for folks like me who like his curation and Anthology and don't really read the mag or booklets (though I have to start with the booklets more).

Not sure if anyone saw on twitter (or cares) but Amileah has been been promoted to Head of Editorial and Storf is now Classics and Country Director as well as producing Anthology.

Good news for folks that don't like Storf's writing as much. Bad news for those that don't like his curation or Anthology podcasts.

Good news for folks like me who like his curation and Anthology and don't really read the mag or booklets (though I have to start with the booklets more).

And I've already started talking shit about Storf, as the prophecy foretold

Noted that Storf has not yet become a practitioner of modesty. From his tweet: "After 5 years of basically inventing our editorial department from the proof of concept from @tylerbarstow I am handing off the keys to Amileah"

Last edited:
Noted that Storf has not yet become a practitioner of modesty. From his tweet: "After 5 years of basically inventing our editorial department from the proof of concept from @tylerbarstow I am handing off the keys to Amileah"
I didn't even realise they had an editorial department. It seemed to me that they'd just put any old shit out with little attempt to even proof read it first, let alone edit it.

Just got my shipment notification yesterday too. Way earlier than last month. I remember when the 10th used to be the deadline, now I consider myself top of the stack if I get one by then...

Just got my shipment notification yesterday too. Way earlier than last month. I remember when the 10th used to be the deadline, now I consider myself top of the stack if I get one by then...
Did you go for the Strokes? I'm actually really looking forward to it. Possibly most excited I've been about a VMP release since Spiritualized.

L
I didn't even realise they had an editorial department. It seemed to me that they'd just put any old shit out with little attempt to even proof read it first, let alone edit it.

I suspect the Dunning-Kreuger is strong with the former "editorial department invented from proof of concept"

I just got confirmation for a replacement order for my damaged disc so hopefully they have enough to fulfill any problems for those just getting the record for the first time,

It just arrived, and does have a minor corner ding from shipping (it was packed loosely, ugh). A bummer, to be sure, but I will probably just let it ride unless the vinyl has obvious flaws. Will give it a spin tonight.

Back