Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Any thoughts on whether or not the Donny album will still be available for swaps next month? It doesn’t seem to be a very popular choice so I’m thinking it will be, but I could be way off. This month I swapped for credit to pickup the Hooker album exclusive that’s still in stock and I have no interest in picks for the next two months either so I’m hoping to use next month to pick up Donny.

On an unrelated note I really hope they switch up the Classics picks for the following three months and we get something that’s not soul. Some good blues albums, preferably not all covers, would be nice for a change.

Any thoughts on whether or not the Donny album will still be available for swaps next month? It doesn’t seem to be a very popular choice so I’m thinking it will be, but I could be way off. This month I swapped for credit to pickup the Hooker album exclusive that’s still in stock and I have no interest in picks for the next two months either so I’m hoping to use next month to pick up Donny.

On an unrelated note I really hope they switch up the Classics picks for the following three months and we get something that’s not soul. Some good blues albums, preferably not all covers, would be nice for a change.
My guess is Donny will be safe for at least another month. I didn’t see a lot of hype for it, although I know several people swapped for it this month since they swapped for those Jazz Dispensary titles Last month.

I feel you on the Classics picks. I’m always down for some soul music, but I’d rather they spread out the releases so we can get more variety month to month. We NEED a good blues pick. It’s been way too long.

i'm hoping that getting an ad from VMP promoting MM Food on vinyl was just a complete coincidence and they aren't actually intending to profit off the death of a legend

i'm hoping that getting an ad from VMP promoting MM Food on vinyl was just a complete coincidence and they aren't actually intending to profit off the death of a legend
Hard to profit if it's out of stock.

I don't know who's in charge of their digital advertising, but they don't seem to pay too much attention to what items are actually being advertised. I got ads for Donald Byrd's Stepping into Tomorrow for months, maybe close to a year after it had sold out.

I’m amazed you were able to find that in the store. If something wasn’t dropped in the past week I have no idea where to find it.
Yeah they definitely don’t make it easy to browse. I knew about the records so I just search for “hooker” and his three albums pop up.

I ended up swapping for store credit and to my surprise it showed up in my account on the same day swaps closed, where in the past it took a day or two. Also for anyone wondering the swap credit is whatever your monthly rate based on what you paid for your membership, including any discounts that were offered.

I’m looking really forward to the store drops this Wednesday! I already miss the usual Wednesday drops! 🤪😍🤣🚨

I would actually love a Madlib related exclusive right now! I’d be so down for a Madlib related exclusive! 🙋‍♂️

Everybody is profiting off of it. Most of his albums have gotten preorder links since he passed away. Stones Throw is repressing most of them. I'm fine with it if his family is getting some money from it and as long as they aren't jacking up prices.

I still refuse to buy anything at Shuga Records now because within hours of John Prine's passing, they tripled the prices on any John Prine albums they had in stock.

I still refuse to buy anything at Shuga Records now because within hours of John Prine's passing, they tripled the prices on any John Prine albums they had in stock.
That's insane, talk about lack of empathy!

In regards to the DOOM stuff, it doesn't surprise me to see the second-hand market trying to cash in as well. A while ago I sold the full collection of Special Herbs as it was taking up a lot of shelf space and I was not really playing them that much. I had it listed for what I thought was a reasonable amount of £110 for the full set of 5 (plus 5 7" singles) and it took a few weeks to sell. I had a look earlier at discogs and people are listing a single release for £90+.

Everybody is profiting off of it. Most of his albums have gotten preorder links since he passed away. Stones Throw is repressing most of them. I'm fine with it if his family is getting some money from it and as long as they aren't jacking up prices.

Amen. Charley Pride's store jacked up the prices of the autographed LPs to $40 each (from 20) after his passing but I was cool with it because it goes to his family who runs the store.
It's bound to happen and people will take advantage. I've been making room in my collection and selling stuff off and I actually just sold my Vaudeville Villian a few weeks ago, since I already had 3 other doom albums and could have used the the money. Got a nice chunk for it but obviously having some remorse now (not for waiting to jack the price up more, but because It's a great album and now I don't know when/if I'll ever be able to use the money).

And 100% on Shuga records. I used to purchase from there semi-regularly, but that Prine thing was real sleazy from an actual store. There's so many great record shops out there that I would rather support after that.

Except for Vaudeville Villian :(. Somehow missed the repress when they dropped it in 2019.

Hey @NathanRicaud can you stock check Motor City Scene and The Nucleus when you get a chance? Thanks man!
There are 203 copies left of Motor City Scene and 313 copies left of Galt MacDermot’s The Nucleus!

Out of the two, I’m pretty sure the Galt MacDermot will sell out first! It’s only USD$25, is AAA and hasn’t shipped yet! It’s also the better record in my opinion!

Back