Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

it doesn't match the album cover therefore it is worthless 👿

I'm with @Joe Mac here - got the orange for about $10 cheaper and got to support a record store in the process. no regrets about not picking up overpriced recycled VMP vinyl whatsoever 😊
View attachment 71757

Yep, it be a looker alright, no regrets!

BA8F8BFA-534B-493B-9FDD-DEDB9917106F.jpeg2010319B-D15E-46D1-8C03-95001B13DE32.jpeg

it doesn't match the album cover therefore it is worthless 👿

I'm with @Joe Mac here - got the orange for about $10 cheaper and got to support a record store in the process. no regrets about not picking up overpriced recycled VMP vinyl whatsoever 😊
View attachment 71757
Wow, your copy looks really good! Matches the album cover so well! 🔥🔥🔥😍

I actually like the purple marble with the album cover, I think it looks really good actually! But your copy looks just as nice too! I love that orange! 👌

Yeah I own lots of coloured vinyl, I own lots of black vinyl. I like both in the right circumstances but at the end of the day whichever I buy I don’t care if it’s the only one or there are 7 billion, it’s the record that’s special, this manufractured rarity makes it harder for me to share the fun with other people or to join in with it myself.
Coloured vinyl is just plain stupid. Other than being harder to clean as you can't see where and how much fluid is on the record it ultimately has the least tangible gain of any of the items I own. It sits side on in a shelf (where I can't see it), inside a cardboard sleeve (where I can't see it) and while it's actually in use it's flat on a turntable out of my sitting eyeline (so I can't see it). Other than facilitating a big old bundle of one up man ship I personally don't see the point in buying over the black unless it's cheaper. I suppose if it was a children's record like songs from Sesame Street or something then that makes sense but if pressing standard black reduces cost and defects then it should be the only way to go.

Coloured vinyl is just plain stupid. Other than being harder to clean as you can't see where and how much fluid is on the record it ultimately has the least tangible gain of any of the items I own. It sits side on in a shelf (where I can't see it), inside a cardboard sleeve (where I can't see it) and while it's actually in use it's flat on a turntable out of my sitting eyeline (so I can't see it). Other than facilitating a big old bundle of one up man ship I personally don't see the point in buying over the black unless it's cheaper. I suppose if it was a children's record like songs from Sesame Street or something then that makes sense but if pressing standard black reduces cost and defects then it should be the only way to go.
But coloured vinyl is usually really good-looking even though it’s harder see whilst cleaning it! 🙈😍🤷‍♂️

I care about sound quality the most though, but usually a coloured variant doesn’t affect the sound quality. 100% agree though that it’s harder to clean coloured vinyl, especially if it’s translucent, clear or a lighter colour and that’s a bit annoying! But I guess getting a great record cleaning machine, like the Pro-Ject VC-S2 would help because it cleans vinyl very nicely! 😃💎

But coloured vinyl is usually really good-looking even though it’s harder see whilst cleaning it! 🙈😍🤷‍♂️

I care about sound quality the most though, but usually a coloured variant doesn’t affect the sound quality. 100% agree though that it’s harder to clean coloured vinyl, especially if it’s translucent, clear or a lighter colour and that’s a bit annoying! But I guess getting a great record cleaning machine, like the Pro-Ject VC-S2 would help because it cleans vinyl very nicely! 😃💎
It's still a ball ache on the Project as you can't see how much of the cleaner you're actually putting on so invariably end up soaking it... Which makes it harder to get fully dry.

Basically, coloured vinyl is massively pointless/ shit

It's still a ball ache on the Project as you can't see how much of the cleaner you're actually putting on so invariably end up soaking it... Which makes it harder to get fully dry.

Basically, coloured vinyl is massively pointless/ shit
Mmmm yeah, I have to agree with you there. Coloured vinyl is pointless in terms of the benefits for vinyl; if anything it’s only caused defects!

But I just love coloured vinyl because it’s pretty; especially if it matches the album cover nicely or if the colour variant is just super pretty in general!

But yeah, coloured vinyl is pointless! I’m so glad audiophile vinyl is generally black (MoFi, VMP Classics, Blue Note Tone Poet, Analogue Productions, Sam Records, Speakers Corner etc). I like the balance!

Just a heads up everyone; ONLY 2 COPIES LEFT OF PHASE 7’s PLAYTIME! 🧃🌴🚤😎

The music on the release is great and it’s only USD$24 as well! Looking forward to spinning this exclusive in summer with those beachy, funky vibes! 🏖😁

Colored variants are like sneakers to me. Sure I can just rock plain white or black Reebok Classics they’re cheap enough and they get the job done but sometimes I’ll splurge a bit more and get something that looks little flashier like those Reebok Pumps the kids are all sporting.

Received my final VMP order (Idler Wheel!) and am thrilled to finally kick the dust from my shoes.

I've never dealt with such a chimera of miserable company with good product.

It's now over a month since I ordered Idler Wheel. I thought VMP shipped no later than the 15th of each month for member orders?
Mine was placed just before I ended my membership. I feel like they are punishing me. Technically they have until tomorrow the 26th (7 business days from 10/15) but I am not holding my breath. It also means I probably won't get it until November. Such a load of shit from a once-good company. They better not sticky pudding this order up!

Oct 15, 2020, 7:26 CST

Hi Dave,

This order has been released and is in the process of being packed and prepared for shipment. This should ship in the next 1 - 7 business days and you'll receive tracking information once it leaves the warehouse.

Let us know if you need anything else

Matt
Customer Support Agent
VMP

It's weird to think about how VMP started back like 7 years ago as a group of people just wanting to share music that they loved and appreciated with their friends and later to a rapidly expanding audience.

Somewhere along the way, probably due to their explosive growth and I would guess input from investors or sales consultants, they began latching on to manipulative sales techniques involving scarcity, exclusivity and urgency which hijack people's decision making abilities and shifted the focus to selling music rather than sharing music. Then combine that with horrible logistics and flippant customer service and here we are in 2020. It seems like the message was lost somewhere. I was glad to cancel all my outstanding orders and be done with it. Accepting that I don't need any of this stuff has made me a lot happier.

That being said, I think the original mission and idea of VMP is great and I hope they can figure their shit out. Smaller, slower organic growth probably would've helped them avoid the shitshow that it's become. Also, I realize that using scarcity and urgency to manipulate people is not unique to VMP and is something we're seeing a lot of in the vinyl industry right now that companies and some artists are capitalizing on to drive sales. As prices continue to climb rapidly, I think the backlash is coming.

I'm trying to limit my online ordering and instead do more to support my local shops which are having a hard time making ends meet during COVID. Not only do they sell records, but they help foster discovery of music as well as provide a place to hang out and see in-store performances (in pre-COVID times). Don't forget, there's so much great music stored on old-ass dusty records out there in the world and it's just waiting to be heard.

So I've just checked the status of my last VMP package (I've canceled for end of September) and see that already since a week it is in Paris, at some airport, awaiting clearance. My address still says Germany. I'm surprised as I never had that situation before, they always used to send via Frankfurt before.
It also got send from Los Angeles Airport and they seem to use a company called Yun Express which I've never heard of. Do others in Europe experience the same?
Is it due to Covid19 or should I contact them?

So I've just checked the status of my last VMP package (I've canceled for end of September) and see that already since a week it is in Paris, at some airport, awaiting clearance. My address still says Germany. I'm surprised as I never had that situation before, they always used to send via Frankfurt before.
It also got send from Los Angeles Airport and they seem to use a company called Yun Express which I've never heard of. Do others in Europe experience the same?
I'd imagine that a change of shipping route and subsequent delay would be covid related, but still contact them if you have concerns.

Just a thought, as you're in Europe have you looked at Wax Buyers Club, they're based in France and do a record of the month. They have nice curation, great quality albums, the option of swaps, quick postage and good comms. Ive been really impressed with them so far!

I'd imagine that a change of shipping route and subsequent delay would be covid related, but still contact them if you have concerns.

Just a thought, as you're in Europe have you looked at Wax Buyers Club, they're based in France and do a record of the month. They have nice curation, great quality albums, the option of swaps, quick postage and good comms. Ive been really impressed with them so far!
Thanks for your thoughts.

I know Wax Buyers Club and I absolutely consider joining them. I agree they have a great curation. I probably have to wait until next year to join them for financial reasons, but it's definitely on my bucket list of things to do in relation to vinyl. :)

I would contact them, that does look odd. My tracking is the same as it's always been. Harrisburg-->Melrose Park-->Frankfurt-->End Destination

Email this morning says the mythical Just Coolin' is out for delivery. We got around 10 inches of snow yesterday and last night, though, so wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make it to the mailbox until tomorrow.
Mine is out for delivery too and no snow here in NC. I'll post some photos if you or someone else doesn't do so first.

Ordered the new Sylvan Esso from VMP back in July, was supposed to ship early October. Reached out last week to CS and they said it would ship out by the end of the week. Reached out again today to cancel that and Slow Pulp. Good riddance.

Back