Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Co-signing on Jorge Ben. $20 is a great price for it.

I’ll probably get Da Brat for $20 as a Christmas present for the missus. I jokingly said I’d get it for her a while back and uh... it turns out she actually wants it. Go figure.
I may get the Brat too, it’s funny I remember the hits she had on the radio but never actually heard the album , I mean it was 1994 I was buried in awesome rap albums that year . I had no idea that she cursed so much when I got around to listening to it since all her songs were censored on the radio.

I am of the mindset that we are at a time that as long as their is a slight demand for the album exists it will end up getting repressed. Not so much a matter of if but when. It’s part of the reason I am hard pressed to overpay for something that is currently hard to find.

Please tell that to SOJA and Damion Marley.

Am I crazy or did they already drop (slightly) the price of the Jazz Dispensary bundle? Also no more beanie? I’m confused.

EDIT: Nvm I realized there is just one without the beanie for $5 less lol

Am I crazy or did they already drop (slightly) the price of the Jazz Dispensary bundle? Also no more beanie? I’m confused.

EDIT: Nvm I realized there is just one without the beanie for $5 less lol
You mean to tell me that people buying a bundle of non-mainstream jazz albums weren't immediately pushed over the edge by the inclusion of a black beanie? I'm stunned.

Not much info, but also absent with the usual 'weasel' words that would imply further standard vinyl pressings. Sadly I have a feeling this will be an exclusive run for VMP (like the aborted P4K series). They might come out in the future but probably not in the next few months. At a 1000 copies each, that is a pretty big run for material like this. But hey I could be wrong. Either way I am not willing to pay the VMP tax on these, but @RHANDMJ I would be interested in buying your copy of Idris off you
Come and get it!

Crazy, sale already done? Jorge Ben was $25 when I just checked.
The listings are all jacked up. Preview says $20 for members/$25 for non-members, then going to the listing page it says $34 for members/$25 for non-members. Who knows if/when VMP will fix their shit or if this sale is even supposed to be live right now.

Except Da Brat. I just successfully bought Da Brat for $20. Yay me?

The listings are all jacked up. Preview says $20 for members/$25 for non-members, then going to the listing page it says $34 for members/$25 for non-members. Who knows if/when VMP will fix their shit or if this sale is even supposed to be live right now.

Except Da Brat. I just successfully bought Da Brat for $20. Yay me?
Da Brat’s Funkdafied is a pretty great album! It’s a 7.5/10 album for me! The pressing sounds really good and that neon red looks really nice too! I really liked this VMP exclusive! It should’ve just been a store exclusive in my opinion and not a R&HH ROTM, but still a great exclusive nonetheless! 👍

Da Brat’s Funkdafied is a pretty great album! It’s a 7.5/10 album for me! The pressing sounds really good and that neon red looks really nice too! I really liked this VMP exclusive! It should’ve just been a store exclusive in my opinion and not a R&HH ROTM, but still a great exclusive nonetheless! 👍

You say its great but im pretty sure 7.5 is the lowest score I've ever seen you give.

I am of the mindset that we are at a time that as long as their is a slight demand for the album exists it will end up getting repressed. Not so much a matter of if but when. It’s part of the reason I am hard pressed to overpay for something that is currently hard to find.
My mantra is that if not one, but two Spacehog albums can be pressed in 2020, then anything is possible.

I’m pretty sure I remember @NathanRicaud giving a compilation of field recordings of whale mating calls a 6.0 but that was mostly because he expected it to be sexier
Remember my Prince ‘Musicology’ score! I rated that album like a 5.4/10. Also, Prince’s Rave was like a 3/10 for me! 💡

Don’t forget that I think Prince has some mediocre albums Lord! 😉😜💯

You say its great but im pretty sure 7.5 is the lowest score I've ever seen you give.
Tennis’ Yours Conditionally is a 4.2/10 for me

Britney Spears’ Britney is a 2.0/10 for me

Justin Timberlake’s Man Of The Woods is also a 2.4/10 for me

Nicole Scherzinger’s Killer Love is a 1/10 for me

Fabolous’ The Young OG Project is a 1.7/10 for me

It’s actually too overwhelming with how many albums there are that I would rate less than 3/10

Remember my Prince ‘Musicology’ score! I rated that album like a 5.4/10. Also, Prince’s Rave was like a 3/10 for me! 💡

Don’t forget that I think Prince has some mediocre albums Lord! 😉😜💯

There are albums that you like that you don’t rate as 10? And there are albums that you don’t like that score other than 0? You’re adding some nuance? I’m proud of you!

Back