Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

That's insane. Maybe it's genius. Start fire burning with rumours that their finances have gone to shit because they pressed 5000 Dead boxes but in reality they're sitting pretty because it turns out they didn't press any.
Well to their credit they informed us a while ago that there was some sort of issue with the jackets and they were being reprinted. So that's partly why its taken so long.

Well to their credit they informed us a while ago that there was some sort of issue with the jackets and they were being reprinted. So that's partly why its taken so long.
I just think they are trying to find excuses to actually not accept delivery of the boxes since they have to find storage for at least 5000 unsold sets

Probably someone who is a subscriber and claimed a defect to get a second free copy to sell to his local. Happens regularly, and one of the reasons the prices go up.
In my experience a record store isn't going to give you enough for a record for that to be remotely worth it. A few of my locals have VMP subscriptions themselves.

Who's to say? Perhaps there's an alternate reality Mather out there, with a house full of flat records, listening to his Dead box right now while idly running his hands through the faux cat fur on his newly delivered and not at all lost in the mail Meow The Jewels...

Or maybe that Mather is just as fucked as this Mather.
constants and variables

one constant of the multiverse is you always get warped records

just like how i always fidget as soon as the fall season starts

fwiw - I picked up Just Coolin’ from my local a few weeks ago on the Sept RSD. Last week, I saw Thelonius palo Alto at Barnes and Noble. They’re just the standard black editions but both were cheaper than VMP.
Yeah, which is why it’s crazy we haven’t seen the Blakey. I think I ordered that in March before the pandemic even really kicked in, and I’m pretty sure it hit shelves in July. Feel like it shouldn’t be THAT far behind the wider release.

Yeah, which is why it’s crazy we haven’t seen the Blakey. I think I ordered that in March before the pandemic even really kicked in, and I’m pretty sure it hit shelves in July. Feel like it shouldn’t be THAT far behind the wider release.
yup, ordered the standard black version on March 22. I think the original release was early June for the standard version but was pushed about 6 weeks. I received it on Aug 8. Just waiting on the VMP version, Harold Alexander and Sonny Sharrock and I will be done with VMP.

Some good news on Just Coolin' from Matt @ VMP CS:
"Good news on the Just Coolin' front though. This is being fulfilled and you should be receiving an email in the next 5-7 business days when this ships out from our warehouse with the tracking information as well."

Also, has anyone received Etta James yet? The music seems great when I streamed it. Usual good, not great, GZ pressing quality?

Received some store credit and debating between Etta James, Fleet Foxes, or paying a little extra to upgrade my copy of Stardust from my got-in-a-pawn-shop copy to the AP 45rpm version.

Last edited:
Some good news on Just Coolin' from Matt @ VMP CS:
"Good news on the Just Coolin' front though. This is being fulfilled and you should be receiving an email in the next 5-7 business days when this ships out from our warehouse with the tracking information as well."

Also, has anyone received Etta James yet? The music seems great when I streamed it. Usual good, not great, GZ pressing quality?

Received some store credit and debating between Etta James, Fleet Foxes, or paying a little extra to upgrade my copy of Stardust from my got-in-a-pawn-shop copy to the AP 45rpm version.
Got my Etta yesterday. Sounds good to me, no noticeable issues, and as you say, the music is great.

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Need to clean it, though... How does it sound?

Mostly very good... I'm beginning to notice a pattern that I tend to have issues closer to the center of the record with a few VMP releases. It could be a coincidence but I've noticed it with this one and with Spiritualized. When I got to the end of a side, I notice like a tinny sound. I can't think of another way to explain it.

Also there were a few pops here and there. I'm hoping those may be resolved after a cleaning.

Back