Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Rough Trade UK have been pissing me off. I’ve been trying to contact them for over a month but have gotten no reply. I even contacted them on Instagram but no reply. I’ve contacted them like 4 times and I feel like they don’t want to refund me. They can’t replace the item I purchased because it’s OOS - but I’m cool with a refund. I purchased Madvillainy Sire Edition and paid $AUD84!

This is what I received from them. Both discs were incredibly warped, some of the worst I’ve ever seen:

Never again with Rough Trade UK. Very unhappy with how they’ve dealt with me.

@Mather - Look at how bad these warps on both discs for Madvillainy are. And this is my favourite album of all time! 😭

Oh my! That’s insane! How many favorite albums of all time do you have?

Oh my! That’s insane! How many favorite albums of all time do you have?
Yeah, it’s a pretty bad warp! The jacket for the album came in perfect condition though! So it was shocking to see how badly warped both discs were!!! 😅

I’ve only got 1 favourite album of all-time of course! If I say an album is my all-time favourite, I mean it! I know some people can’t choose their #1 favourite album, or don’t have one, but I do have a #1 favourite album of all time!

Madvillain - Madvillainy ⚔️🛡📽🐿

I didn’t even purchase the UO exclusive of Mariah Carey’s Butterfly and that’s my favourite Mariah Carey album! It’s $10 cheaper than the VMP exclusives and will sound the same, but UO won’t replace my items and will want me to send the item back to them at my cost etc. That just shows you how much it means to me when a company takes full responsibility for sending me a faulty copy.

Them giving you credits is not taking full responsibility for sending you a faulty copy. They've just built the replacement cost for their faulty product into their pricing structure. That's why VMP costs $10 more than UO for the same product.

Last edited:
Great album! This is one of the crown jewels of my jazz collection: Hank Mobley - No Room For Squares
I stumbled upon this copy in one of my locals and walked away with it for like $25, I got home noticed it sounded pretty damn great considering the reviews around white "b" label Blue Notes were not so great unless they have VAN GELDER stamped. Fortunately, this bad boy had VAN GELDER in the deadwax and has ended up being the greatest local find of my record collecting career! The cheapest available copy on Cogs is $142 😁

Them giving you credits is not taking full responsibility for sending you a faulty copy. They've just built the replacement cost for their faulty product into their pricing structure. That's why VMP costs $10 more than UO for the same product.
Omg, so true! Well for the Mariah Carey exclusives then, if it is ‘badly/severely’ warped, I’ll see if I can get a replacement then instead of $10 credit!

Urban Outfitters charge tax, and I have to pay for shipping if I don’t spend over USD$50, so if I do actually get free shipping with them, the exclusive is like $29 because of tax! So it ends up only being like $6 more expensive! Still...🤷‍♂️

Two Chet Baker thoughts:

1. The man was a master of his instrument and harmony, regardless of his widely discussed lack of proficient note-reading skills. It was not uncommon for him to call a tune but also what KEY he wanted to play it in, keeping his band on their toes. To me, this lends an unexpected edge to the live recordings, making for an impressive, impassioned listen.
2. Today we're the second and third exclusives of Chet's... Anyone else feel that VMP are hinting at am upcoming Album Of The Month?

Hey everyone, I'm searching for these:

View attachment 66488

If you have a bunch of them and don't want them anymore, I'll take them off your hands! (Art prints that you didn't like will work too, I just need this kind of paper👍)
Need me that TL Barrett too, I think I might just spring for the LITA (I think that’s where it’s at) black copy though

Need me that TL Barrett too, I think I might just spring for the LITA (I think that’s where it’s at) black copy though
Saw a sealed copy of the LITA repress at my local for $16 and almost pulled the trigger. Might have to be my "bonus record" for the next RSD Drop Day.

The T.L. Barrett one is great! I really like spinning that one, and I purchased that one instantly back then because Kanye West was a big fan of that album! 😂

Two Chet Baker thoughts:

1. The man was a master of his instrument and harmony, regardless of his widely discussed lack of proficient note-reading skills. It was not uncommon for him to call a tune but also what KEY he wanted to play it in, keeping his band on their toes. To me, this lends an unexpected edge to the live recordings, making for an impressive, impassioned listen.
2. Today we're the second and third exclusives of Chet's... Anyone else feel that VMP are hinting at am upcoming Album Of The Month?
I hope so, Chet Baker has really moved far up my fav jazz players totem poll. When I initially discovered him I wrote him off as just a crooner who could play trumpet but that craft box set really made me fall in love with his playing, his phrasing is beautiful and is almost as “vocal” as his singing. I spin his records way more than I initially thought I would, his playing manages to be very easy on the ears while still staying inventive and unpredictable.

Just finishing up my first listen of Orchestra Baobab btw and about to put on Sonny Rollins to kick off my evening.

Orchestra Baobab sounds fine. Nowhere near as good as BVSC but I’m still happy to own it, not even sure the pressing details now that I think about it. It gets the job done but isn’t knocking any socks off ya know? Packaging and color are solid though, nice sturdy gatefold and has a lyric insert if you want to do your best so sing along in Senegalese, color is basically Moby blue. The inner sleeves are lousy paper ones though.

Edit: As I was typing this I was on the last song and the sound quality absolutely obliterated itself. Went from sounding pleasant to “Oh my god, am I underwater?!”

actually i dont think he wants the records

i think he just wants the paper

Hey everyone, I'm searching for these:

View attachment 66488

If you have a bunch of them and don't want them anymore, I'll take them off your hands! (Art prints that you didn't like will work too, I just need this kind of paper👍)

(tbf its some pretty nice paper)

Last edited:
Yep exactly this lol. Didn't think I'd have to explicitly tell, but I should have supposed everyone was going to be more interested in the records 😂
tbh i definitely would see you be interested in some of the 4 record shown (TL Barrett and guru seem right up your alley) but i dunno if pierro umiliani's classical compositions are really for you and HNDRXX is a meme

Back