Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I just want to mention that someone could buy a MoFi or AP of their choice every month for less than the cost of the VMP add ons
Only true for those who live in the U.S. though! I have to pay for shipping regardless on Acoustic Sounds and the cheapest I can get a 1LP MoFI or AP pressing is usually USD$50/AUD$70! The cheapest for me with an AP pressing was when VMP sold some 1LP pressings in store for USD$39 + free shipping! Especially with the 20% off code back then on top! I took advantage of it and got really good deals with the AP titles they had in store :)

Because the VMP Classics ROTM is like a 1LP AP pressing, its the cheapest for me! It’s on par in terms of pricing like the Tone Poets release, as they are also AAA, 180g high quality pressings! I get them on Amazon for around AUD$45-$50! 👍

Travel is definitely worth being in debt for! I strongly believe in that!

I absolutely love traveling. One of the main reasons my wife and I never want kids (or dogs) is so that we can always travel freely. And I firmly believe travel is worth sacrificing a bit of extra savings or investing, especially when young. But I don't know about going in debt for....slippery slope there.

But if you have the means and willpower where you know you can go in debt and then chill for a bit while paying it back, I'm all for it. My in laws own a company where their revenue is heavily based on the seasons so they essentially live their life going into debt and paying it back, and live a very comfortable life with many frivolous purchase. If you can do that, power to you!

I spoke to soon about my monthly box coming in flawless. Dashboard had some minor edge bending (nothing worth stressing over) but Fiona 'Boltcutters" had a HUGE corner bend right under the VMP sticker. But If I had to pick one record to get jacked up in shipping, it would be this one since I hope the non-limited nature means I can get a replacement, or at least replacement sleeve.

The ROTM announcement is at 5PM EST! I'm looking super forward to seeing the pressing details for Ghostface Killah's Fishscale! Also, I'm really hoping we get a Ghostface Killah exclusive! Apollo Kids or Ironman would be great! 🤞

Also, in VMP's store, they have a 'My Test Bundle Product' and a 'Bundle #2 Product"! I wonder what they are exactly, and if and of those have got to do with the upcoming swaptions! 🤔👀

Looking super forward to when everything is announced and when the swaptions go live! :cool:😄
Kinda seems like a "bundle" would infer that if you buy several items, they'll be a discount of some sort.

I absolutely love traveling. One of the main reasons my wife and I never want kids (or dogs) is so that we can always travel freely. And I firmly believe travel is worth sacrificing a bit of extra savings or investing, especially when young. But I don't know about going in debt for....slippery slope there.

But if you have the means and willpower where you know you can go in debt and then chill for a bit while paying it back, I'm all for it. My in laws own a company where their revenue is heavily based on the seasons so they essentially live their life going into debt and paying it back, and live a very comfortable life with many frivolous purchase. If you can do that, power to you!
I definitely was forgetting that I’m still living with my parents! Because of that, I’m so comfortable borrowing money off them and paying them back! And I was very lucky my parents still let me borrowed money from them every trip, without having to pay them back straight away! Like I’d just go to the Pacific Islands and I owed them more than $10,000 and they were cool with that! 😂🙏

If I lived out of home though, I would only be comfortable being in debt by a little bit. Less than $5,000, nothing more!

I definitely was forgetting that I’m still living with my parents! Because of that, I’m so comfortable borrowing money off them and paying them back! And I was very lucky my parents still let me borrowed money from them every trip, without having to pay them back straight away! Like I’d just go to the Pacific Islands and I owed them more than $10,000 and they were cool with that! 😂🙏

If I lived out of home though, I would only be comfortable being in debt by a little bit. Less than $5,000, nothing more!

Yeah, because of that definitely travel! Take advantage before mortgage/rent, groceries, and constant life expenses get in the way! And it's awesome that your parents are cool with it and want you to have those experiences.
Vinyl is great, but the older you get the more you're going to enjoy just sitting in your house spinning. Nothing beats traveling when you're young and not giving an eff about money while you're doing it.

I just want to mention that someone could buy a MoFi or AP of their choice every month for less than the cost of the VMP add ons
Really? From where? Don't they start at $35 not counting shipping? I wish both of them would start doing stuff I want 33rpm again. Their upcharge for 2xLP has become ridiculous.

Really? From where? Don't they start at $35 not counting shipping? I wish both of them would start doing stuff I want 33rpm again. Their upcharge for 2xLP has become ridiculous.

Well I meant for both add ons, because so many people feel they have to get both each month for FOMO.

the real point I was making is that if most collectors (myself included) cut out a lot of the $25-30 impulse buy pre-orders that weren't on our radar, then the money to buy really nice pressings of the albums we know we will spin the most is there.

Well I meant for both add ons, because so many people feel they have to get both each month for FOMO.

the real point I was making is that if most collectors (myself included) cut out a lot of the $25-30 impulse buy pre-orders that weren't on our radar, then the money to buy really nice pressings of the albums we know we will spin the most is there.
That's a good point, just wondering if I was missing out on picking up some better stuff. I am pretty good at only getting one a month from VMP, which I think I will stick to this month.

Even though I agree the Rollins and GFK are good picks, I don't think I need them right now. It's kinda hard to resist, since I agree this is a much better month than normal, which makes me want to get them, but even though they're good albums, I don't think they'll get a lot of spins from me at the moment.

Yeah, because of that definitely travel! Take advantage before mortgage/rent, groceries, and constant life expenses get in the way! And it's awesome that your parents are cool with it and want you to have those experiences.
Vinyl is great, but the older you get the more you're going to enjoy just sitting in your house spinning. Nothing beats traveling when you're young and not giving an eff about money while you're doing it.
Um, us older peeps also enjoy travel :)

Um, us older peeps also enjoy travel :)

Lol Obviously no offense intended. Im talking strictly in terms of financial and family responsibilities getting heavier with age (for most), making unrestricted and non-budgeted travel a bit more difficult.

As I've gotten older my love of going out to bars, parties, concerts (anything really) has lessened significantly but I love traveling even more.

So your point is that people can get one record for less than the price they can get two?

Yeah, that you can get one audiophile pressing of a classic album that you may have loved for years for less than two albums that a month ago you probably weren't considering.

But if you are a quantity over quality person, or if you don't like any albums on AP or MoFi, then knock yourself out.

Edit: the cost of both add ons you smug fucks
Only true for those who live in the U.S. though! I have to pay for shipping regardless on Acoustic Sounds and the cheapest I can get a 1LP MoFI or AP pressing is usually USD$50/AUD$70! The cheapest for me with an AP pressing was when VMP sold some 1LP pressings in store for USD$39 + free shipping! Especially with the 20% off code back then on top! I took advantage of it and got really good deals with the AP titles they had in store :)

Because the VMP Classics ROTM is like a 1LP AP pressing, its the cheapest for me! It’s on par in terms of pricing like the Tone Poets release, as they are also AAA, 180g high quality pressings! I get them on Amazon for around AUD$45-$50! 👍
@NathanRicaud's response to Dukey is something which resonates with me and my VMP purchases. I've mentioned it before, but the average cost of a record here in the UK is around the £20-£25 mark (as an example, the latest 2lp standard pressing of Nubya Garcia's album is £26, the coloured pressing being more). You then have postage on top of that (I rarely see any postage thats less than £4).

So looking at VMP, even with the add-on increasing to 33usd its around the average price of a record here in the UK (but with free postage). You obviously have the exclusivity aspect of it, plus the booklet (with Classics), and in some cases an AAA pressing. I honestly think that's worth 33usd/£25 if its a title that I want (like the Sonny Rollins for example). To put it into further context, a Tone Poet typically costs £33 (44usd) plus postage over here. Really isn't a cheap hobby :ROFLMAO:

Back