Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

AH AIN'T GOT SHIT

I just sent in a lengthy follow-up (opened new ticket) detailing each lie I was told by Kelsey and Pauly* about why my McCoy Tyner hadn't shipped. On the plus side, at least The Bar-Kays and BVSC showed up this afternoon.

*I don't actually blame Kelsey and Pauly for the lies as they're just passing along what they're told. It really must suck for them to know how much they're covering for incompetent coworkers.

Looks like they have really latched onto the "your order has been/will be released" verbiage! I had 5 "in stock" but pending orders (two were advised by CS as 'released'), then today I got a shipping notice for one album, shipped all by itself....
This is exactly what I have always meant when I've said their CS is bad, or no better than their policies. Using vague jargon is bad customer service. They're using buzzwords that they may or may not understand themselves, and it only serves to further frustrate customers. CS 101: don't give answers with obvious follow up questions. They could just add on "...which means it's now in the fulfillment queue" and it'd be a billion times better (though I would say the whole thing differently), but they're always trying to check the "replied" box without worrying about actually completing the query. They wouldn't get as bogged down if they didn't have a significant portion of their replies generating follow-up.

Geniuses, they have no clue what is happen at all. The email I just received from CS. Typical crap. How is "your package should ship in 1-2 weeks" when it is already a month late acceptable?

"Hey Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for the delay! It looks like that order XXXXX has been processed and complete, now it is just waiting to be released for shipment. It should be released in the next week or two and once it does it will begin packaging for shipment.

We appreciate your patience during this time!

Please feel free to reach back out if you need anything else!
Kelsey"

wow. So just to be clear... an order is
1) processed
2) completed
3) released
4) packed
Then... 5) shipped?

Anybody else wondering how many VMP employees it takes to screw in a lightbulb?
1597461196002.gif

This is exactly what I have always meant when I've said their CS is bad, or no better than their policies. Using vague jargon is bad customer service. They're using buzzwords that they may or may not understand themselves, and it only serves to further frustrate customers. CS 101: don't give answers with obvious follow up questions. They could just add on "...which means it's now in the fulfillment queue" and it'd be a billion times better (though I would say the whole thing differently), but they're always trying to check the "replied" box without worrying about actually completing the query. They wouldn't get as bogged down if they didn't have a significant portion of their replies generating follow-up.
wow. So just to be clear... an order is
1) processed
2) completed
3) released
4) packed
Then... 5) shipped?

Anybody else wondering how many VMP employees it takes to screw in a lightbulb?
View attachment 61597
6) lost
7) received damaged
8) partially credited
All spot on, Ive thought multiple times, none of this information is at all helpful. “Congratulations your order has been released“ Well yippee lets all have a big fucking party. Can’t wait for my hangover treat of “order packaged” and Sunday lie in “Box Stamped”

All spot on, Ive thought multiple times, none of this information is at all helpful. “Congratulations your order has been released“ Well yippee lets all have a big fucking party. Can’t wait for my hangover treat of “order packaged” and Sunday lie in “Box Stamped”
“Congratulations, chosen one! You have been selected to receive what you paid for!”

Received 2 of my final 3 items from VMP. Bolt Cutters and John Mayer. When the Pawn still on its way.

Bolt Cutters and Pawn were ordered when they went up for sale and I chose the free shipping with RotM option.

Of course, all 3 albums shipped separately in separate mailers despite receiving ship notice on the same day. 2 of them made it. The other is in Georgia.

Maybe they wouldn't have to increase prices if they could figure out simple things like bundling items in a single shipment. Holy fuck, this company is so inept.

Received 2 of my final 3 items from VMP. Bolt Cutters and John Mayer. When the Pawn still on its way.

Bolt Cutters and Pawn were ordered when they went up for sale and I chose the free shipping with RotM option.

Of course, all 3 albums shipped separately in separate mailers despite receiving ship notice on the same day. 2 of them made it. The other is in Georgia.

Maybe they wouldn't have to increase prices if they could figure out simple things like bundling items in a single shipment. Holy fuck, this company is so inept.
And I hate multiple mailers, they always come on the same day and it gets derision from the SO for both being multiple records and ordering from a company that is being wasteful environmentally.

After AoTM's and pre-orders, I counted that I am expecting 11 albums this month.
I've received shipping notifications for exactly one of them (When The Pawn).

Was there a garage sale I missed? This shit usually happens in December.

Posted about this on IG. URP's social media replied 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200815-134448_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200815-134448_Instagram.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 165
Although I gotta say, URP talking about someone else's shortcomings is rather rich. URP is a step above Rainbo, that's it. And Rainbo closed down SOOOOO
I gotta say; my fail rate with URP has gone WAYYYY down in recent years. I used to actively avoid them, Rainbo, and Gz. Both Gz and URP made some strides. Obviously Rainbo didn't.

I also haven't experienced URP blaming others for their QC issues.

Back