Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm not lol, I just sent that myself. I fucking wish they'd actually respond.
so still no response regarding my lost record ... BUT... I did get an email from Jason -
Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback, we totally understand. We hope you'll stick around and take advantage of the bridge offer, but we understand if you need to cancel. Over the last several years, we have made significant investments into the quality of our products, including the details of the package, and the quality of the sound. Despite these investments, we have not increased our prices in more than 3 years, making it hard for us to maintain (and continue to invest in the overall experience) without sacrificing quality. We do appreciate your feedback, and I will be sure share your notes with our team. We will continue to invest in the overall experience and hope that you'll join us again sometime soon.

Not sure I know what a Bridge offer even is... AND I just got notice that my Fiona's, Bar Kays, Lord Finesse and Donald Byrd have shipped. Hmmmm. Not BVSC though. And still no mention of my wandering record... OK, OK I will admit, it is Joey Dosik. :) that is missing for a month. what? I watched Vulfpeck's Madison Square Garden and thought Dosik was good. And it was on sale for 11 bucks. LOL

Last edited:
I agree but self control is the key. If you know you don’t have it then I think that the default position is to not have one.

I’ll be honest with you and say that over here rewards aren’t as attractive and good value financing is obtainable by shopping around more than through already having a credit card/financial product with the company.

I have my credit card for foreign currency transactions, purchase insurance on larger items, emergencies and last, and least, buying something that I might not have the money for now but that I will have the money for by the following statements repayment date.
New to the world of rewards credit cards, I have only used my credit card thus far for the occasional vinyl purchase and emergencies/unexpected costs like parking tickets or vet bills and stuff like that. My credit is pretty good all things considered (750 neighborhood) ... are there any specific rewards cards you advocate for or that are the most popular options. I’m sure I can ask google but since I got ya here!

I use a CC for everything. Give me all the points. I never carry a balance.

It's that one-time discount they're offering members to ease the pain of the price hike upon the time of their renewal. Lovingly referred to as the Bridge of No Return discount by CS
I replied asking that someone email details to explain what exactly it is. Will it be the same price as my previous yearly membership? or some percentage off? or ??? Feeling more uninformed than usual... My renewal is not due til April 2021 so...

Looking through VMP's Twitter, I'd be surprised if they last much longer to be honest. I know Twitter isn't indicative of their entire subscriber base but pretty much every post has a Vinceron meme in the replies, and that whole mess happening simultaneously as the ridiculous price jumps has really turned people against them. I'm also seeing more and more people pestering them about missing records and their service. Again, I could be wrong as they've somehow managed to stay afloat as, despite their several misfires in the past, people keep coming back to them money in hand. But I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that they've killed off a large percentage of their subscriber base with this recent stunt and I don't know what they could do to bounce back from it. No gaffe before has gotten them this level of criticism in the public view, its usually been confined to this forum or Reddit or the controversy just dies out after a week or so. But I think they may have really done damage this time, because this price jump seemed to have one effect: making people realize that VMP just isn't worth it. They can't deliver the quality necessary to justify $40+ a month and that's their own fault.

I'm actually surprised the whole Vinceron thing is... a thing. Like that guys been doing that for... years? Like I've known about him for at least a year, probably more. He usually has stuff that's fairly easy to get, not a lot of hard to get now numbered exclusives from what I recall. He seems to have become more visible since he created his own actual website/webstore, but yeah... I'm kinda surprised.

It's that one-time discount they're offering members to ease the pain of the price hike upon the time of their renewal. Lovingly referred to as the Bridge of No Return discount by CS
I bit on the one timer for 299 . Boils down to 25 a record which seems like a good deal, will definitely cut down at add ons at 33 though

Last edited:
Back