Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I agree with most of this. As for the guy bluffing, it's highly likely. I have seen people posting links to his site/account and selling stuff though on various reddit subs but with his prices being high on a bunch of stuff, I don't see him selling enough to warrant taking the post down. Overall, I didn't want to make a big stink about it on the subreddit because I didn't think it was worth it. I called attention to Vinceron and now the issue has attention haha.
That's for sure! :ROFLMAO:
Also shoutout to r/vinylcollectors. Appreciate you modding that community. It's awesome.
I appreciate that! The entire mod team deserves the kudos - they are a great team to be part of. We've had our issues of scammers and such, but I think we've done the best we can to create a safe trading/selling/buying environment!

Yeah, I love Vinylcollectors, it's such a good sub. It's one of the very rare subreddits I feel safe buying in and it's pretty easy to work through and a multi-times-per-day check at this point.

The Vinceron thing...man. The funny thing is that the core "scandal" itself really isn't abnormal. Like Funko does this with their exclusives and some re-sellers (Gemini, Popcultcha, etc.) all the time. Ticketmaster got a ton of flack for backdooring tickets through third party sellers. Heck, even musicians will frequently have an agreement to do this as part of their promotional packages and the like. I imagine it's common in a slew of other hobbies and activities. The community mods there really messed up the handling of it though so bad, like, you'd have to try for it to go that badly.. Vinceron probably should have just been outright banned from there the second he started getting antagonistic with community members and the "ban + one thread" solution was by far the easy and right call here with no member bans for asking questions about it.

This is where I take issue with how that sub is moderated (as a mod of r/vinylcollectors, which is a larger sub with nearly 5x the subscribers) - the obvious answer was to ban Vinceron and allow discussion about it to be contained to one thread. Instead, by not being able to choose the obvious option and by deleting the self-contained post and banning users, they opened a can of worms for a post titled "The VMP Oligarchy" lol

It's just bad moderation.

I don't buy the "free advertising" bit at all, and Vinceron's Twitter account (the personal account) has ~2K followers which are likely purchased as he gets almost no engagement on any Tweets. He's yelling into the void and likely lying his ass of - he is a former poker player, after all. I guess the mod at r/VMP took the bluff.

And then this "poll" was just a toxic FU from the one Mod in question. It was completely childish and pathetic:

A 1am-6am poll conducted to provide the answer they wanted, with a pretty clear intent in the post and a sarcastic "You asked. You have it", and then locking the post for comments.

That sub is just a disaster right now, and the Mods need to get their shit together.

Yeah, I'm hardly in on this drama, but that mod's responses were disastrous.

I get maybe 1-2 records from VMP a month now. Used to be wayyyyy more. I’m starting to put my money into buffing up my Criterion Blu-Ray collection. Which supplies a way better product for about $20-$30 a pop if I buy during sales. No brainer.

Speaking of Reddit --- /vinyljerk has to be the worst Reddit community right?

It makes me hate this hobby.
I dislike r/vinyljerk but I also hate r/vinyl I think they are both terrible communities and r/VinylJerk was just a reaction all the crap posts on r/vinyl . I ended up unfollowing r/vinyl because I found it infuriating but r/vinyljerk is just smarmy shitposts. Also, mocking bad posts by making bad post as an attempt at parody still results in a bunch of terrible posts especially when there are only like 4 or 5 jokes that all posts hit on.
still it’s Reddit, I am sure there are way worse subs, I think r/redpill still exists after the recent purge. I am sure whatever sub that all the ex-r/the_donald husks are now clamoring to would probably be the worst.

I get maybe 1-2 records from VMP a month now. Used to be wayyyyy more. I’m starting to put my money into buffing up my Criterion Blu-Ray collection. Which supplies a way better product for about $20-$30 a pop if I buy during sales. No brainer.

I grabbed a couple during the recent 50% off sale and...yeah I definitely get now why people go nuts over them. Can't afford that hobby and don't have enough film background to really embrace it, but it's such a nice HQ product even for newer films that don't need a ton more.

I'm so excited for the Wednesday store drops!!! Hoping we get a really nice surprise! Maybe some D'Angelo or JPEGMAFIA or Natalia Lafourcade or Gorillaz or OutKast...or maybe we'll finally get De La Soul's Stakes Is High!!! :love: 🤞🙏:love:🤞🙏:love:

Lol, what am I even saying?!? 🤪🤷‍♂️

Looking forward to waking up seeing what exclusives drop in store still! It might not be anything I want, but with how boring everything is at the moment with COVID-19, I am absolutely excited to see what will drop in store soon! 🙇‍♂️🍬🎁🛒🏮😄
Kinda hoping for some more World music, maybe
Shabaka is down to two copies. Whelp I did it guys. I refused to give in and pay $39 and VMP refused to offer it as a swap. I feel... fine. :|
According to reddit, it’s gone back up to over 300 😬

I dislike r/vinyljerk but I also hate r/vinyl I think they are both terrible communities and r/VinylJerk was just a reaction all the crap posts on r/vinyl . I ended up unfollowing r/vinyl because I found it infuriating but r/vinyljerk is just smarmy shitposts. Also, mocking bad posts by making bad post as an attempt at parody still results in a bunch of terrible posts especially when there are only like 4 or 5 jokes that all posts hit on.
still it’s Reddit, I am sure there are way worse subs, I think r/redpill still exists after the recent purge. I am sure whatever sub that all the ex-r/the_donald husks are now clamoring to would probably be the worst.

i only follow r/vinyl because i'm obsessed with vinyl furniture.

Speaking of Reddit --- /vinyljerk has to be the worst Reddit community right?

It makes me hate this hobby.

r/vinyl is way worse. A total shithole. Like @TenderLovingKiller® I unsubbed and even got to the point where there are certain users there that I have on a blacklist that I have refused to sell records to on /vinylcollectors because they are such insufferable, smug dicks. Gatekeeping like crazy, pontificating, and endless war over how much a novice should spend on a turntable. Contrast it with /dvdcollecion and see how supportive and patient they are with everything and see how trash /vinyl is.

r/vinyl is way worse. A total shithole. Like @TenderLovingKiller® I unsubbed and even got to the point where there are certain users there that I have on a blacklist that I have refused to sell records to on /vinylcollectors because they are such insufferable, smug dicks. Gatekeeping like crazy, pontificating, and endless war over how much a novice should spend on a turntable. Contrast it with /dvdcollecion and see how supportive and patient they are with everything and see how trash /vinyl is.
Completely agree. It’s insufferable.

the reddit is not owned by VMP (in fact only 1 person from the company is a mod)... the temp ban for a couple of people was just because it was getting too intense and they dont want to feed an obvious troll that probably should just be reported as a scam artist. in fact its clear that in the 6ix9ine or lil darkie style fashion they are getting more and more popular because of the attention and allegations of collaboration (which i always thought felt too much like a conspiracy theory) and is practically profiting on hatred...

also as i have stated before VMP isn't the only place he has scalped, he has scalped for a bunch of people selling cassettes. clearly is not in cahoots with urban outfitters even though he is selling the fame monster exclusive on there, and have multiple plushies i am sure as taken from fangamer, and indie game boxed releases stolen directly from limited run games
How exactly is he a "scam artist"? Are people buying records and he never sends them? I haven't heard of any of that going on personally.

Back