Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oops, must have been tricked by his “Here Comes The Cowboy” album title or maybe him with a flanette shirt and a guitar on the album cover for ‘2’! Jokes haha

But the instrumentals on that album; pretty crap album to be honest, are country-tinged. Even songs like “Annie” and “The Stars Keep On Calling My Name” Sound really country. Like he definitely had a bit of a country sound in him, no?

Nope, not country - you could maybe argue folk.

Have you listened to Charley Crockett? Could be the start of something...

I quickly listened to the first 4 tracks on his album “In The Night” @hatfieldpdx and the only one I liked was the title track (In The Night). Loved the organ solo and guitar solo at the end, the guitars in general, trumpet, drums and funky sound! Great vocal performance too! It’s got a sweaty, dreamy, rustic, sound that’s just such a vibe! But yeah, all the tracks that followed after I just wasn’t feeling...😅

I quickly listened to the first 4 tracks on his album “In The Night” @hatfieldpdx and the only one I liked was the title track (In The Night). Loved the organ solo and guitar solo at the end, the guitars in general, trumpet, drums and funky sound! Great vocal performance too! It’s got a sweaty, dreamy, rustic, sound that’s just such a vibe! But yeah, all the tracks that followed after I just wasn’t feeling...😅

All of his releases are a bit different, and he actually covers a wide range of genres. Give 'Lil G.L.'s Honky Tonk Jubilee' or 'Lil G.L.'s Blue Bonanza' a listen...

@NathanRicaud You may like more of the current female Country artists more. Try out any of Lindi Ortega's albums, her first 3 are flawless and she's got a sassy but old school sound. Also Tessy Lou Williams, Ruthie Collins, Whitney Rose, and Michaela Anne's Desert Rose' (one of my favorites).

I have a strong dislike for most country. False twang vocals, overly sob-story lyrics and slooooooow pacing make me go crazy. I tend to last a half-song....until Chris Stapleton. I heard the song 'Death Row' during a speaker review I was listening to on YouTube and fell in love with it. Found out it was Chris Stapleton, who I had never heard of. Went to Spotify and immediately was bummed. He was a country artist. Ugh!

Decided to try to listen to the album 'From A Room: Volume 1' anyway. Made it about 3 songs. Which, for me, was quite good for a country album. But, I decided I was determined to make it all the way through at least once. Made it about 6 sings the second time through. Then, finally on the third try, made it all the way through. By that third time I knew I still wasn't a country fan, but I was a Chris Stapleton fan. He's the real deal - in my, admittedly, country ignorant opinion. Might be worth a try if you aren't much of a country fan but like really good music.

Back