Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Could this link be helpful? I don't know them, but they seem to be in the US and it says the record is in stock.

Elusive Disc is great.

hmm...VMP is saying this is the first US issue of BVSC ever...isn't that just completely false? I know at least the Classic Records pressing was US.
I thought it said since the original release? But yes it initially came out on Classic Records in the US. And this is the first vinyl release in the US since then, even though it’s been repressed a few times. Also, did Bernie Grundman actually cut new lacquers for this? I thought he was done doing analog stuff. Unless this isn’t AAA but I thought it was recorded to tape? I could be way off the mark here though.

126 people have it on discogs. I know not everyone who buys records is on discogs but...

I also don't doubt that it sounds awesome based on Sterling being involved. But just... man...that price tag is crazy. The EP seems a bit useless unless you're a die-hard Whitney fan and the book just looks okay. It would have sold like hot cakes if it was even at $40-$45. $70 is a huge push IMO. One of the reviews on discogs is funny too:

"The book is just OK. Some pics I had never seen, but the design overall is—basic. Notably, no images of the duet partners."
mmmm wish they just did the the main only, with the booklet and sold it for like $50. $70 is very expensive. Luckily I can afford it though!

The booklet probably isn't anything amazing too but I know it will be really nice!

Had second thoughts regarding my stuff, tried to cancel Classics and keep Essentials. No dice. Now I have to contact CS just so I can keep BVSC and cancel Sahara. (Clarification is I had Classics as my main for Sahara last month, tried to cancel that but keep Essentials, but it wouldn't let me, so the only way to get rid of Sahara was to cancel both - which I do not want to do.)

First "US Vinyl Reissue"
Semantics are important in the VMP ad copy department.
I truly hate that they do the whole "US reissue" thing and make it seem like people can't possibly buy a pressing from Europe hah. It's also just false...

1998:
2001: Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club

And if your argument is that the box shouldn't count...then the above version was on Quiex SV-P which was first used in 2002...so it's not the first US re-issue...

I truly hate that they do the whole "US reissue" thing and make it seem like people can't possibly buy a pressing from Europe hah. It's also just false...

1998:
2001: Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club

And if your argument is that the box shouldn't count...then the above version was on Quiex SV-P which was first used in 2002...so it's not the first US re-issue...
I bet they didn't count the box, or the 200g since it has Unknown as the year. For the record I agree with you, they clearly exist. I just know the mental gymnastics VMP marketing will do to ensure they can get their hype out there.

Relatively decent month I feel, Doom was a welcome sight..
  • MF Doom - Mm.. Food
  • The Bar-Kays - Money Talks
  • Buena Vista Social Club - s/t
  • Lord FInesse – The awakening
Considering swapping either Bar-Kays or Lord Finesse for Coalminer's Daughter (or just tacking it on) but will see if anything notable churns up in swaps over the next hour before deciding.
Yooooo! So happy you copped that MF DOOM! Like I said when you asked me, it’s my favourite Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! You’re in for an absolute treat! 🍭🎁💎

The Lord Finesse is going to be amazing as well! The colour variant looks great too! And even though it’s a lot of music on a single LP, I am positive the pressing will sound amazing! 😇✅🎧

I bet they didn't count the box, or the 200g since it has Unknown as the year. For the record I agree with you, they clearly exist. I just know the mental gymnastics VMP marketing will do to ensure they can get their hype out there.
I mean...I bought it anyway hah. But still just insane to me that their process as a company is just to scroll quickly on discogs and say "Don't see US more than once! We're good to go!!! Print that copy!!"

Back