Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

6af542bf-1426-4962-b81kzb.jpeg
I canceled my VMP order for Coral Keys and got the clear w/ black swirl direct from Real Gone which is limited to 100 for nearly $10 less. I also tacked on the matching clear and black swirl Doug Carn and The Awakening and got all 3 shipped for about $77

I canceled my VMP order for Coral Keys and got the clear w/ black swirl direct from Real Gone which is limited to 100 for nearly $10 less. I also tacked on the matching clear and black swirl Doug Carn and The Awakening and got all 3 shipped for about $77

Got this version of Coral Keys as well. Was honestly surprised it was still available with that pressing number 😂

yoooo--thank you for this!! I thought they said they weren't going to be out until August 27th. Grabbed all three and will cancel my VMP order.

For still no shipping and no word from CS. These idiots have 2 jobs: make records and then ship them out in a timely fashion. Most months they struggle to get even 1 of them done right.
Cmon. They are a small and new company and learning something new every day! Plus they just fixed their website to avoid putting bandaids on it every time there's an issue.

Figure I will give the Matt email trick a try since calling them out on Instagram did squat all
I called them out on twitter, IG and facebook for an issue I had with the Anthology box. Someone on IG finally got back to me and said they would elevate it to CS. 5 days later they sent me an email...the Matt trick is the only thing that seems to work...

I called them out on twitter, IG and facebook for an issue I had with the Anthology box. Someone on IG finally got back to me and said they would elevate it to CS. 5 days later they sent me an email...the Matt trick is the only thing that seems to work...
I posted something on Insta on Monday and their social media person dm me really quick and said they would pass on my info to the CS, then nothing

I'm always confused when you guys refer to skips as locked grooves. I've never seen that anywhere else. I always think people are talking about the deadwax lock groove.

Skip is when the defect causes the record to skip ahead. Locked groove is a defect that makes the record play the same groove over and over. They describe two different problems (both of which are dealbreakers).

Skip is when the defect causes the record to skip ahead. Locked groove is a defect that makes the record play the same groove over and over. They describe two different problems (both of which are dealbreakers).
That's just two different directions of skips. Same defect, just depends which way the needle is pushed. A backward skip does sound effectively like a locked groove, but I've only heard of people referring to the intentional deadwax locked groove as such before this forum.

Edit: I'm not trying to say that I have a problem with it or anything, just that it can be very confusing since there is another feature present on all vinyl records called a lock groove.

Last edited:
Back