Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Cheers, thanks. Where can we find out about these in the future?
It was posted here a week or so ago. I believe this was the code given for the National - High Violet color discrepancy. Usually when VMP messes up (often) they give out a code to someone, and if that person is nice enough, they post it here

Oh cool. I remember seeing that one but thinking it would be expired if I used it for the person who actually had it sent through.. happy to use it now though 😄
Yeah, every single discount code they’ve sent to one person, has been usable by everyone, so keep an eye out for those!

What other albums do you have in this box? Such a good idea!

For those wondering what this is in reference to, I mentioned a few pages back that I picked up a copy of the Dashboard album for a box of records for my kids when they get older... I'll let them divide them as they wish.

There's about 30 albums in the box currently... off the top of my head:

Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (colored... I think red?)
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (clear)
B-52's - Cosmic Thing (RSD rainbow vinyl)
Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic (orange)
Rainer Maria - Long Knives Drawn (pink; this was a recommendation from Caithlin herself)
Robert Pollard - Not In My Airforce (yellow reissue w/ bonus 7")
Guided By Voices - Under the Bushes, Under the Stars (Newbury colored)
Junior Kimbrough - Up All Night (marbled pressing)

I'm placing an order this afternoon for some albums by The Ocean Blue for myself, and I'm going to pick up a copy of Between the Rhythm and the Sound on orange for the box.

For those wondering what this is in reference to, I mentioned a few pages back that I picked up a copy of the Dashboard album for a box of records for my kids when they get older... I'll let them divide them as they wish.

There's about 30 albums in the box currently... off the top of my head:

Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (colored... I think red?)
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (clear)
B-52's - Cosmic Thing (RSD rainbow vinyl)
Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic (orange)
Rainer Maria - Long Knives Drawn (pink; this was a recommendation from Caithlin herself)
Robert Pollard - Not In My Airforce (yellow reissue w/ bonus 7")
Guided By Voices - Under the Bushes, Under the Stars (Newbury colored)
Junior Kimbrough - Up All Night (marbled pressing)

I'm placing an order this afternoon for some albums by The Ocean Blue for myself, and I'm going to pick up a copy of Between the Rhythm and the Sound on orange for the box.
Your kids are gonna have a really cool collection of stuff when they sre older.

open
Just got this email 📧 RE: High Violet
Vinyl Me, Please
Hi there,
We wanted to provide you with an update regarding The Fanny Fanny vinyl. The color/effect of the record was different than what was originally advertised. We apologize for this discrepancy and have made changes to our QA process to prevent this from happening again. We’ve heard from many of you, excited about how this record sounds, and we hope that it will be a valuable part of your collection for a long time.
Here is a 10% discount code towards your next purchase: ETYWM2CBT6QB (one time use, expires Jul 31 at 11:59pm). Please reach out to us at info@vinylmeplease.com if you have any questions.
- VMP Team

As a special service and to shorten the wait till the cs reply, just take he above as your cs reply

Fanny

Description orange with blue splatter
View attachment 56020

Real life...

View attachment 56021

Email will be coming 🤦🏻‍♂️

Steve & Theresa and Holy Hive (shout out to @Ghost for that one) are my two favorite discoveries recently.

So ridiculously good. Blown away. Not at all what I was expecting. Such a balm. It’s got such a great Joni Mitchell vibe. Probably why I love it.

Definitely grab the Steve & Teresa “Catching A Wave” exclusive! It’s dreamy, chilled, elegant, romantic, tropical folk music with some jazzy vocals! It’s also such a great deal for $23 and the colour variant looks sweet! Instant grab! ⛱🏝

Thanks for bringing Steve & Teresa more to my attention. I've listened to a few songs from them on YouTube and the music sounds fantastic to me, so relaxing, yet emotional. It feels really like being on a holiday. 🏝 Just really beautiful 💛 Also wouldn't have expected this. I just grabbed this one. You guys shouldn't sleep on this one, it's just 300 copies. 🙂

Dashboard is sold out. Wow.
I must be missing something because I remember thinking this album was ridiculously over the top when it came out. I mean Screaming Infidelities and the making out lyric was something that always made me laugh out loud when I heard it.

Not to rain anyone's parade (and I get nostalgia is a strong pull), but for all the hate that the Mayer pick got, musically this one is much worse IMHO.

I must be missing something because I remember thinking this album was ridiculously over the top when it came out. I mean Screaming Infidelities and the making out lyric was something that always made me laugh out loud when I heard it.

Not to rain anyone's parade (and I get nostalgia is a strong pull), but for all the hate that the Mayer pick got, musically this one is much worse IMHO.
Musically I would agree. Obviously Mayer is the far superior guitar player, no one would debate that. I would rather listen to Dashboard 100 out of 100 times though.
Mayer is the equivalent of a room temperature glass of water. It goes down like nothing, which is a problem. At least DBC is reaching for something even if it is silly high school nostalgia, Carraba wears it on his sleeve to a fault.

Back