Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Any news on joining for their 3 months offer, but swaping for McCoy (or any ther record)? I sent an email asking a couple of days ago, but have had no luck. Has anyone tried this yet?
Its Wednesday, and still no news on this. I don't care too much at this point, but I can't imagine how desperate I would feel if this was an urgent issue that needed to be sorted immediately. Their response time is really atrocious nowadays.

Its Wednesday, and still no news on this. I don't care too much at this point, but I can't imagine how desperate I would feel if this was an urgent issue that needed to be sorted immediately. Their response time is really atrocious nowadays.
Pauly put out a statement on reddit. They seem to have had a TON of issues with billing inquiries which is why they haven't gotten back to a lot of people. I think it has been fairly well established at this point that you can only swap for credit or anything that says "join with this record" at this time. I wouldn't count on CS to do anything beyond what the website allows right now...so I wouldn't even trust swapping for credit since you will likely be shipped the record you hit "sign up with" before they get back to you. It's insane that they refuse to bring in additional CS people.

Pauly put out a statement on reddit. They seem to have had a TON of issues with billing inquiries which is why they haven't gotten back to a lot of people. I think it has been fairly well established at this point that you can only swap for credit or anything that says "join with this record" at this time. I wouldn't count on CS to do anything beyond what the website allows right now...so I wouldn't even trust swapping for credit since you will likely be shipped the record you hit "sign up with" before they get back to you. It's insane that they refuse to bring in additional CS people.
Yeah, I pretty much have made amends with the fact that I will resub on a month plan, and grab both McCoy and Buena Vista Social Club. But anyway, it is insane that they can be this slow at getting back to customers.

Yeah, I pretty much have made amends with the fact that I will resub on a month plan, and grab both McCoy and Buena Vista Social Club. But anyway, it is insane that they can be this slow at getting back to customers.
If you only want McCoy and BVSC, then just sign up for 3 month deal and grab another to start...it will be the same price as buying those 2 on a one month subscription I believe. If you don't like any other previous ROTMs that are in stock, you could always start with another album and sell it. I'm pretty sure Sahara will be available to swap next month and I can't remember the last time an essentials sold out that you couldn't swap for the following month.

Thanks for bringing this up @agutierrezb and thanks for the screengrab @Stringthing75. On announcement day I swapped for a record I didn't really want (one of those pressure moments) then shortly after they added Blossom, which I was hoping to pick up for my mate. I emailed CS and paul responded speedily to say that he would update it for me and if I check it should be sorted. It was never updated so the next day I emailed and didn't hear anything. Yesterday I decided to message them on Instagram, they responded to say it would be sorted and.......nothing yet.

If you only want McCoy and BVSC, then just sign up for 3 month deal and grab another to start...it will be the same price as buying those 2 on a one month subscription I believe. If you don't like any other previous ROTMs that are in stock, you could always start with another album and sell it. I'm pretty sure Sahara will be available to swap next month and I can't remember the last time an essentials sold out that you couldn't swap for the following month.
Yeah, I may also do that. My fear is that Sahara may sell out, like other recent Classics have. Although Erroll Garner, which is the closest thing to McCoy in the recent picks, is still available, so I guess I may be safe signing up with a previous Essentials pick and just swapping for Sahara next month.

Yeah, I may also do that. My fear is that Sahara may sell out, like other recent Classics have. Although Erroll Garner, which is the closest thing to McCoy in the recent picks, is still available, so I guess I may be safe signing up with a previous Essentials pick and just swapping for Sahara next month.
May be your best bet! Money-wise, I think it would be the same to do 2 individual months vs the deal although maybe international prices are different with the deal. You could also pick a previous ROTM to sell as your first month and email to say you want to swap for credit for the first month as a backup...you might catch them before they process your first record and you'd get swap money you could use toward buying McCoy.

I have a feeling McCoy might be a bit too out there for a lot of classics subscribers so it might sit around like Garner did.

Back