Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Anybody know if David Gray’s White Ladder was a one time press for VMP or if that may have the possibility of a repress sometime soon? I thought I recall reading that title was going to have ongoing availability which was one of the reasons they did not number it.

Anybody know if David Gray’s White Ladder was a one time press for VMP or if that may have the possibility of a repress sometime soon? I thought I recall reading that title was going to have ongoing availability which was one of the reasons they did not number it.
Ya never know with them. That being said, usually they do not with exclusives that are listed as limited and numbered. Your best bet would be to hope that they have some extras laying around the warehouse that they held on to for replacements and eventually put them up on the site.

Not positive. VMP said it was the only US indie variant. It was in the store for 6 months at least IIRC. I wonder how well it sold. My copy sounds awesome and it’s the only version at 45RPM. They did say it would be not limited, and it technically wasn’t. I didn’t ever take that as “this title will be repressed forever” though which it seems some people did take it to mean that.

I think it if sold well, they may repress. Otherwise not sure if they will press more.

Not positive. VMP said it was the only US indie variant. It was in the store for 6 months at least IIRC. I wonder how well it sold. My copy sounds awesome and it’s the only version at 45RPM. They did say it would be not limited, and it technically wasn’t. I didn’t ever take that as “this title will be repressed forever” though which it seems some people did take it to mean that.

I think it if sold well, they may repress. Otherwise not sure if they will press more.
It’s ironic that the VMP version of High Violet looked horrible compared to the mock up and White Ladder looked way better. I’ll gladly swap my HV for a WL!!

Last edited:

Yeah, I’m kinda regretting not getting it after finding out it was in fact 45rpm and seems to have better review of sound quality from the white pressing. Ah well...🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I’m kinda regretting not getting it after finding out it was in fact 45rpm and seems to have better review of sound quality from the white pressing. Ah well...🤷‍♂️
I grabbed it with one of those coupon codes way back when and figured that if it wasn’t 45RPM then I’d ask for a refund. It was always listed as 45 but I sent entirely believe it since track listing was the same as the 33.

OK somebody @ me when they hear back on the VMP High Violet situation. I just emailed them asking for a partial refund cuz that mockup was straight up false advertising. "you wanted violet, so we gave you whitish purple streaks"

LAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEE...

I didn’t go so far as to say that in my email but when it should be purple but comes up white... I just said the difference in the mockup to what was delivered was “egregious”.
Well, already sent an email. Basically saying it’s false advertising SOOO THANKS A LOT! 😂 lol

i said slight variations are okay, but this is just completely different. And just said it’s a light variation of the indie one but $20 more. Which makes no sense. I ended it with “please let me know who you plan to settle this” 💁🏽‍♂️ lolol

Well, already sent an email. Basically saying it’s false advertising SOOO THANKS A LOT! 😂 lol

i said slight variations are okay, but this is just completely different. And just said it’s a light variation of the indie one but $20 more. Which makes no sense. I ended it with “please let me know who you plan to settle this” 💁🏽‍♂️ lolol

My reply to that would be “The person who I will use to settle this is Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson”

I broke that shit down to them when they were trying to change policy to back out of damage replacements. You can't base your products and exorbitant markups on color variants and packaging and then treat those aspects as insignificant when you deliver different variants and fucked up packaging.

The mock up was weird in the first place, the other two variants were both varieties of white/purple (Cherry Tree with half/half, retail as a marbled), so I can't say I'm that surprised. Still annoying for people who preferred the original look.

I mean don't they receive test pressings? Can't they update the mock-up when they have that and inform people accordingly. It's so straightforward.
Test pressings are typically plain black. All the TPs they gave out for the Mobb Deep debacle that I saw were black. Also, not sure if they get TPs from store exclusives or just ROTMs.

Back