Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I have awoken from my forum slumber to say that I just got this in and that it sucks ass. How is this allowed? It looks nothing like the mockup.

View attachment 53964

Did you get your refund @bdm105?
Mine’s out for delivery and am not looking forward to opening it and the disappointment
I emailed yesterday. I'm not expecting a reply for a week at least.
Complain about this as much as you can. Its ridiculous how different it looks from the mock up. Get your money back or credit.

I think we need to let VMP know that their OBI’s are trash. They have to be the most uninspired obi I’ve ever seen. They need to put way more into that shit. Especially for how many records they sell each month. International Anthem has incredible obi’s. I’d prefer the obi wrap that goes around the record and not the current bookend wrap that they use. Garbage.

I have awoken from my forum slumber to say that I just got this in and that it sucks ass. How is this allowed? It looks nothing like the mockup.

View attachment 53964

This is inexcusable. Nothing at all like the mock up, not even in the same ballpark. I’m so glad I didn’t give into temptation and get this!

View attachment 53964

I emailed yesterday. I'm not expecting a reply for a week at least.
Complain about this as much as you can. Its ridiculous how different it looks from the mock up. Get your money back or credit.
This is inexcusable. Nothing at all like the mock up, not even in the same ballpark. I’m so glad I didn’t give into temptation and get this!
BCE837D5-5E89-42C6-BFCE-6C5B8BEDF44D.jpeg
Oh fuck right off, VMP. This is like a less interesting version of the indie release I already have.

So... I still don't know if the Entegron LLC account on ebay is connected to Vinceron, but I do know that if you buy an album from Vinceron that you're indirectly supporting the Trump campaign. Bernie's campaign, as well, oddly enough. If you purchase from them, the guy behind it also considers you to be an "illogical" chump and says that's his consumer base.

This is him

And, apparently, this is also him

Flipping records is one thing, but this guy sounds like a real asshole

Last edited:
So... I still don't know if the Entegron LLC account on ebay is connected to Vinceron, but I do know that if you buy an album from Vinceron that you're indirectly supporting the Trump campaign. Bernie's campaign, as well, oddly enough. If you purchase from them, the guy behind it also considers you to be an "illogical" chump and says that's his consumer base.

This is him

And, apparently, this is also him

Flipping records is one thing, but this guy sounds like a real asshole
The Vinceron site is crazy. They have what seems like limited variants of every major release. I haven’t gotten anything from them but sometimes their stuff is cheaper than buying albums from VMP directly.

The Vinceron site is crazy. They have what seems like limited variants of every major release. I haven’t gotten anything from them but sometimes their stuff is cheaper than buying albums from VMP directly.

You read that article? The guy is an ex-poker player. He owns a business specializing in drag makeup, while donating to the Trump campaign and reselling their merchandise

You read that article? The guy is an ex-poker player. He owns a business specializing in drag makeup, while donating to the Trump campaign and reselling their merchandise
Yea —bizarre story with the Trump and Bernie Merch. Purely taking advantage of loopholes in the system while also being scummy...he’s like an evil, rich version of Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love.

I'm finding it hard not to believe The National mixup was from something as basic as saying "purple base, white splatter" on one end and hearing "white base purple splatter' on the other. It seems obvious looking but it's hilarious to me that that could actually have been it. No idea how this wasn't caught on an initial press check.

Have yet to open mine, will check later and then email in alongside you all. Can't believe they didn't email about this after doing so because there wasn't a number on Chicano Batman (which they emailed about a few hours after sending it out their door lol).

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard not to believe The National mixup was from something as basic as saying "purple base, white splatter" on one end and hearing "white base purple splatter' on the other. It seems obvious looking but it's hilarious to me that that could actually have been it. No idea how this wasn't caught on an initial press check.

Have yet to open mine, will check later and then email in alongside you all. Can't believe they didn't email about this after doing so because the wasn't a number on Chicano Batman (which they emailed about a few hours after sending it out their door lol).

Yes, this The Nationalgate seems very weird. I'm sorry for all being disappointed. I have to say subjectively I think the white base with purple splatter (the way they turned out to look like) looks really nice and I like it more than the original mockup. 😍🙊 But I can't remember how close it is to other editions. I haven't picked it up.

However, I can totally understand people's dissatisfaction with this, especially given the high price of this set. It's strange they haven't been proactive about this. I hope VMP finds a good solution for this. 🙂

Yes, this The Nationalgate seems very weird. I'm sorry for all being disappointed. I have to say subjectively I think the white base with purple splatter (the way they turned out to look like) looks really nice and I like it more than the original mockup. 😍🙊 But I can't remember how close it is to other editions. I haven't picked it up.

However, I can totally understand people's dissatisfaction with this, especially given the high price of this set. It's strange they haven't be proactive about this. I hope VMP finds a good solution for this. 🙂
Nationalgate 😂 love it. I think it's decent looking but even with the new scheme something looks off on a few of the ones I've seen, like the purple pellets didn't bleed properly? Not sure, would love to know the full story behind the mistake! 💿💥

This was going to be an intro to The National for me and will still serve as such so don't think I'll be sending it back 💪🎶 I will expect something from them though, as you can't go shipping a variant that's the literal opposite to what you sold 😂 baffling they didn't give a heads up as you say.

Nationalgate 😂 love it. I think it's decent looking but even with the new scheme something looks off on a few of the ones I've seen, like the purple pellets didn't bleed properly? Not sure, would love to know the full story behind the mistake! 💿💥

This was going to be an intro to The National for me and will still serve as such so don't think I'll be sending it back 💪🎶 I will expect something from them though, as you can't go shipping a variant that's the literal opposite to what you sold 😂 baffling they didn't give a heads up as you say.

I'm sure it's a great set. I may pick up some other edition of this later the year. I've got the original album on CD, it's very good. I think usually VMP never asks customers to send something back to them. I think the only occasion was Doggystyle when they actually have asked people to send back the record (it was outlined as gatefold and turned out to be tip off if I remember correctly). Otherwise they never ask for returns, which is amazing, especially for us Internationals. Yes, I'm also excited to hear the story behind this and hope all will get some credit for this. I hope the records sound great at least :p 🙂

Last edited:
Back