Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Facebook Ads aren't that hard to turn off and/or get right! If the agency running them can't do basic stock checks before promoting content, then what good are they...

This isn't a mistake, though. This ad is encouraging people to visit the store to purchase and that NoName was never available in the store outside of a special restock that vanished immediately. This move is very intentional. Blossom Dearie?

A new carrot emerges...

View attachment 47821

We'll see though.

tenor.gif

My only hope otherwise is that there were so many delays with this one while the David Gray website + amazon versions shipped months ago. I don't think it was just the color that held it up...but we'll see! Not trying to get my hopes up because you're likely right haha.
I’m with Mather on this one. I recieved the Amazon version which to my ears sounds pretty great but I noticed it’s 33RPM but shares the exact same track listing with the 45RPM version that VMP apparently has. I would be shocked if it turns out to be a coincidence and I’ll be bummed if I ended up missing the better sounding copy. I don’t understand why VMP would get exclusive rights to the best sounding version of the album though while the David Gray store is selling an apparently inferior press without the option of upgrading it.

I’m with Mather on this one. I recieved the Amazon version which to my ears sounds pretty great but I noticed it’s 33RPM but shares the exact same track listing with the 45RPM version that VMP apparently has. I would be shocked if it turns out to be a coincidence and I’ll be bummed if I ended up missing the better sounding copy. I don’t understand why VMP would get exclusive rights to the best sounding version of the album though while the David Gray store is selling an apparently inferior press without the option of upgrading it.
So I went back and did some reading from reddit/Storf posts, etc and it seems VMP got the sole indie exclusive rights to the album in the US. David Gray's store handled the UK versions. It wouldn't be the first time VMP pressed an album at 45RPM. Storf specifically mentioned that it was 45RPM which is why I ordered from VMP instead of amazon/David Gray's store. I will definitely complain if its not 45. I've heard pretty mixed things about the 33 version. A lot of people said it was pressed hot, so theres some distortion on instruments and whatnot. David Gray had the 4LP version and the 33RPM.

I have no idea why the US one would take 3+ months longer to ship out if it was the same plates. At the same time, I'm also curious with what you and Mather pointed out about the sides being the same. I'm very curious either way...mine is en route so will know soon enough.

“Oh I keep getting the ad for the Woodstock Box set saying its $25 and limited to 500 copies.”

Well if it pops back in swaps (or <$50 on sale) If someone could PM me it would be appreciated. :)

Yep. Click the image link. I totally hacked it, bruh.

Tidal Wave announced the numbers on IG. VMP run is 300

You know what's kind of fucked about this Hail Ceasar! announcement? I remember seeing this reissued before, even though it claims this is the first reissue since 1972.

Tidal Wave already did this in 2018

Back