Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 84 Free Records Given Away So Far

Yer Ol' Uncle D

As of tomorrow, year one of Vinyl Me, D weirdness is in the books. Was able to send 45 records to new, loving homes. It was fun.

I'm gonna do it again........with a twist.

Last year, I chose 3 winners, and they got the complete haul for the year. This go 'round, I'm changing it up to make it 12 times more fun. I'll pick 3 new winners every month so 36 folks will receive free records over the course of the next 12 months. I ran a poll recently and y'all voted this format the winner at about 2:1.

It's very simple to take part in this whole fiasco - simply like this post. That's it. One like and you're entered for the next 12 months. You can jump in and participate at any time.

Each month I'll pull 3 random winners from the everlasting Wheel Of Names. If you win a free record, your name is removed from the wheel. If you don't win a record, your name stays put for the next month's spin.

The only common thread of the records I'm giving away is I enjoy them, and I feel others may as well. If you want to get a feel for my taste and you didn't follow year one, here's a link...

I'll try my best to send everyone a record they don't already own but can't guarantee it. I'll DM the three winners each month and if you want to send me a Discogs link I'll do my best to make sure you get something new.

If you receive a record you already have or is the most heinous thing to ever make aural contact with your earholes (my taste ain't for everybody), feel free to do with it as you wish. We have a great, giving community here and I'd encourage you to put it in the PIF thread because that good karma will come back to you many times over, but if you'd rather give it to a friend/trade at your local/sell it, it's all good. Once Mr. Postman drops it at your door, it's yours to do with as you please.

My plan is to draw for the next month's record by the 15th of the preceding month. That means I'll pick October's winners around 9-15. Just like last year, I'll post one cryptic clue each month.

Post any questions. Enjoy the ride, amigos.

Last edited:
VMD Mach II Vol I
The Third Mind - S/T

VMD Mach II Vol 2
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig Lazarus Dig!!!

VMD Mach II Vol 3
Duke Pearson - Merry Ole Soul

Moon Duo - Escape Expanded Edition

VMD Mach II Vol 4
Holly Bowling - Better Left Unsung

Bonus Record
The Black Angels - Live At Levitation

VMD Mach II Vol 5

VMD Mach II Vol 6
Joe Pass - For Django

VMD Mach II Vol 7
Pissed Jeans - Half Divorced

Bonus Record
Bobby Whitlock - Raw Velvet

Last edited:
Can I also be added to the wheel of names. If it is half as good as last year’s picks it will be a pleasure to follow what you are picking for others

I'd like to join in this large bowler hat please

May be pushing my luck entering my name after this year, but you have great taste so I humbly submit my name but take no offense if not entered into the pool
Everyone simply like the first post to enter. It's the easiest way for me to keep track and will insure I don't overlook anyone trying to keep up with individual messages.

Good luck.

Last edited:
were_not_worthy_waynes_world.gif

@Yer Ol' Uncle D is still the greatest of all time.

Count me in 👍😎

The wheel is beefing up.

There will be 3 winners per month. Winners removed from the wheel to spread the love.

A "like" on the first post gets you entered for the whole year.

Appreciate the interest shown so far.

View attachment 181640
I don’t think it is working right. I clicked to spin it and it just got bigger.

Back