Vinyl Me, D - A Free Record Club Year 2 - Let's Run It Back - 36 Folks Win - Vote!

How should VMD choose monthly recipients?

• One like gets you entry to this whole year long extravaganza.

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Yer Ol' Uncle D posts a general genre for the months record and you like if you're interested.

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yer Ol' Uncle D

The first year of Vinyl Me, D has been a blast. I've had so much fun doing this. I hope @Djxfactor511, @MadLucas and @scotthilk have had as much fun as I have.

If you missed it, here's the hijinks so far...

When the dust settles in September, 48 records will have found loving new homes. I feel there have been many more hits than misses. And those that didn't click with these guys were passed along to other members of the N&G forum. Thank you, gentlemen, for keeping the giving nature of my little fiasco alive and propagating.

God willin' and the Grim Reaper still has my old address, I want to do this for another year.

I'm getting this out there way early so everyone has plenty of time to take part if they'd like.

I've been thinking about ways to improve the concept and I think I have a couple pretty good angles for 10-2023 thru 9-2024.

I know with the original VMD there were concerns about my worldwide shipping costs and some folks bowed out because of that. International friends - if you'd like to enter, come on in. If you win I gotcha. All are welcome. How could I deny my global amigos who have been so generous and turned me on to so much great music.

For VMD Mach II, instead of 3 winners that receive records for the entire 12 months, I'm gonna change it up and pick 3 random folks every month that will get a free record...or 2....or 3 - I can't guarantee more than one record a month as the virgin run got a wee bit out of hand but who knows - I get stupid when it comes to music. Just ask my wife.

I have two ideas about how this thing will work. They're outlined below and I've created a poll so everyone can use the Democratic process...

Choice #1 - Everyone who likes this official launch post goes into the hat. I'll pull 3 winners every month for a free record. If you collect an LP, your name is removed from the hat. All names stay in the hat unless they win.

Choice #2 - No less than 2 weeks before the start of the upcoming month, I'll post the general genre for that month's selection. If you'd like to participate in that month's drawing, you simply like that post. If you collect an LP, your name is removed from future hats.

I've set the poll to run for 90 days. Let me know whatcha think...

Last edited:
I've loved watching this all year. Been such fun, and great choices. I've picked option one; I think part of the fun of these challenges is getting things outside of your wheelhouse, and I think option one is the best way to get that. Honestly, I'd be paying 50% (at least) of your shipping costs if I got picked - not fair that you have to swallow all of the costs of a shipment to Oz!

It's truly been an honor to be a part of. I hope I've been a worthy enough recipient of this amazing group of records. You're a stand up guy, D, and a true asset to this community. The next group of folks to receive records are in for some gems I'm sure. I'll try to keep up with them myself on my own. I'm sure @Ethos99 will have the goods.

BTW, the next month's records are sooooo good!

Back