Turntable setup question - swapping head shells/carts

bornard

Hey Everyone - Quick question about swapping head shells - I have a Dr Feickert with an Ortofon/Jelco tonearm that appears to be identical in geometry to the one on my new Technics 1500c (quality not withstanding). I have a number of carts that are mounted on removable head shells that are set up for the Feickert that I want to try on the Technics.

Do I need to reinstall the carts completely and do a whole new setup or can I just install the head shell in the technics?

I'm not super fussy about set up, just want to make sure its ok to do this and no damage will be done - Thanks!!!

Hey Everyone - Quick question about swapping head shells - I have a Dr Feickert with an Ortofon/Jelco tonearm that appears to be identical in geometry to the one on my new Technics 1500c (quality not withstanding). I have a number of carts that are mounted on removable head shells that are set up for the Feickert that I want to try on the Technics.

Do I need to reinstall the carts completely and do a whole new setup or can I just install the head shell in the technics?

I'm not super fussy about set up, just want to make sure its ok to do this and no damage will be done - Thanks!!!
If the Jelco is using a standard headshell connection you should be fine.

the jelco tonearm does use standard connection - thanks kvetcha

no need for additional alignment or distancing?
I think you'd want to do a few basic checks, to be sure your stylus is straight, and where it should be relative to the tonearm's pivot point. I wouldn't expect that to take more than a few minutes if @kvetcha is right.

Back