The Technics Turntable Fan Club - Questions, Advice, Discussion

Finally got around to upgrading my old Technics SLD2 with Nagaoka MP-110 to a 100c. Rest of my system is a Fosi X2 phono stage, NAD C316 BEE amp and Q Acoustics 3030i speakers.

Based on what I’d read online I didn’t bother with the installed stylus, did the upgrade to the ML.

Right off the bat the difference from my old turntable (which admittedly has been suffering speed stability issues) to the 100c was noticeable. I was expecting better separation, richer sound etc. What I wasn’t expecting though was how much less surface noise there was – the records just play much quieter. Really happy I made the leap.

Will look at Darlington Labs for a new phono stage next I think, but for now really happy with how it sounds!

View attachment 176798
Love your setup. The 100C really seems to be a great bang for the buck from current impressions!

Love your setup. The 100C really seems to be a great bang for the buck from current impressions!

Yeah definitely. It and the 1500C are really attractive tables at the price point. Whilst I don’t need the preamp (it can be turned off and bypassed) the 1500C that they recently released in Matt white is really attractive!

Not sure there's really a lot of difference to the GR but interesting news.

Not sure there's really a lot of difference to the GR but interesting news.

Part of me hopes this leads to a 1200G2, leading to sales on the current 1200G. Not that I’m ready to pull the trigger, but it’s a nice thought.

This has caught my eye and I keep returning to the site and looking at it intensely. I'd need a new stand for it, but it's kinda sexy.

Damnit don’t show me things like that! I would love one of those tables 😂

Here is something I just picked up on sale. Honestly I didn’t expect much but I figured I’d try it and I’ve got the option to ship it back if I don’t like it.

It’s the Isoacoustics zaZen II isolation platform for turntables from 25-40 pounds- the zaZen I is for turntables up to 25 pounds.

The verdict is already in after 2 albums. It stays. The improvement isn’t subtle- the difference in clarity is substantial. It sounds like I got a cartridge upgrade.

What I don’t like about it: I wish it were a shade wider- the stock G feet extend just a bit over the sides. And I wish it didn’t have branding on both the front and rear.

IMG_2826.jpeg

Back