The Record Collectors Club

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a project I've been working on since April 2020 where I have been interviewing record collectors around the world about their collections, why they buy vinyl and their most treasured records.

When a global pandemic hit the world in 2020 and everyone on the planet was forced into a lockdown, an idea grew about talking to record collectors about their collections. Reaching out to vinyl enthusiasts on Instagram, I talked to over 50 collectors about why records were so special to them and why they were so addicted to collecting vinyl! Snippets of these interviews started to be shared at an online blog but I can now announce that all interviews will be shared, in full, with over 700 colour photographs in a must have, 450 page coffee table book.

Snippets of the interviews are published at my website here;

Record Collections | therecordcollectorclub

Last night, I announced that this is project is going to be published as a coffee table book which is on sale to pre order here;

Shop | therecordcollectorclub

If you might be interested in this book (also available as a digital version) I'd be so grateful for your support! Books are shipping from early June all over the world!

Also, if you are interested in being interviewed about your collection, please send me an email on northeastspinner@gmail.com

Last edited:
Cool idea. I used the first day my kids' school shutdown because of the pandemic, as the starting point for an album a day post of my collection alphabetically by album title. Been an interesting way to dig through my collection. 377 days on and still going, somewhere in the S's currently.

Cool idea. I used the first day my kids' school shutdown because of the pandemic, as the starting point for an album a day post of my collection alphabetically by album title. Been an interesting way to dig through my collection. 377 days on and still going, somewhere in the S's currently.
That's a wonderful idea! Would take me around 5 years to do that for me!

Hello all!

Happy New Year and hope everyone is doing well!

I just wanted to post an update on my initial post on this project above that I posted back in March 2021.

The initial run of 100 books sold out incredibly fast and shipped all over the world to countries including USA, Canada, Australia, Peru, Russia and more! Following further demand, another run of 100 books was printed and they sold out in late December. Books were stocked in a number of record shops around the UK and they sold very well also. I thought that would be where I drew a line under this volume of the book.

However.... due to further interest, there has the potential for another run to be printed and sold from my website. I'm not sure if anyone from this forum has bought a copy (or even really seen the project as it's been mainly run through Instagram) but I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in purchasing a copy? I'm trying to gauge how much interest there would be in another run to decide on numbers.

You can look at the book and read snippets of the interviews in the book at the links below;

Shop | therecordcollectorclub

Record Collections | therecordcollectorclub

If you have any queries or would like to know anything further information then please email northeastspinner@gmail.com.

Please follow me on Instagram @IDWakefield

Back